Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 248 Comments sorted by
  • Ghhaaaagghhh!!!!  I once told someone on here that he was watching too much news.  It was driving him crazy.  I just spent the last two days without a shred of news read.  I had fallen victim to not paying attention to my own advice.  Good lord, but it made a huge difference.  And, you know what?  Watching the news, the antics of idiots, really didn't make any difference to the world or me, except that it upset me to be paying attention to a bunch of bombastic, pompous imbeciles.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2020-08-20 11:08:13
  • I get the feeling somethings coming & I don’t just mean the election. The tangerine felony factory is getting increasingly desperate and things like Bannon being arrested on a state incitement (which he cannot be Presidentially pardoned on) & the way prosecutors are slowly closing in on things like his tax returns give me a little tingle.
    God, I hope my 2nd sight is performing to capacity. 
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Fark user image"See Ernie, Q has been right here the whole time!"

Fark user image"Ah, but Bert, how do you know this isn't a clone of Q made by the Deep State?"

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-cnn-partisan-media-study-b2050240.html

I'd still like to know how England rid itself of the awful news source and the more awful Murdock.  Does anyone else believe that Bond movie about a media mogul was targeted directly at Murdock?
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2022-04-05 07:11:45
  • Elliot Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies, who brings events into being to report on them in his papers. I’ve often thought that Rupert Murdoch was the inspiration over the character.
    Do a search of YT to see if you can find a British Comedy program called ‘Drop The Dead Donkey’. It features a News Organisation that frequently manipulates events to make the news ‘better’!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Funny.  Somehow I missed your post.  Nice to know it's not just me who thinks so.  I'd really like to know how England (UK?) squashed Faux News.

I actually came on here because  I couldn't think of another place to put it.  It's not really like a conspiracy theory.  I only have one of those that goes back three or four millennia.  That's just humanity conspiring to remain in a stupour.  Not stupid.  Just stupoured.

I was just noticing that this forum is about the only site (Wikipedia is the other, ummm and duckduckgo) I go to that doesn't kick Safari into blocking trackers.  It's also the only one that is 'Not Secured'.  Kinda funny.  Not secured but not trying to track my every move.  That seems very Alison.
  • More than a decade ago I ran across something so disturbing that I tried to point it out to a few news organizations and no one bit.  Heck, I might have even tried the FBI.

There's this weird phenomenon going on to bend people's brain and it clear seems to be working.  You think that Q idiot is bad?  Fox is bad?

There are these chain email lists that go out regularly.  My lunatic mother made the mistake of putting me on her list to "spread the news".  It was regular emails that go out from friend to friend spreading all of these imbecilic, offensive, disruptive, congenitally idiotic claims.

But, you see, it's spread from friend to friend and it gives them something to gossip about.  Who doesn't love a nice juicy lunacy to gossip about?  And, you're friend sent it to you and you trust her, right?

I'd really like to know if it is an intentional disruption through social engineering (my usual suspect is Russia and, maybe, China, but that could or could not be just all of the propoganda we're fed).  Or, is it just a bunch of moronic men desiring to be Masters Of The Universe all because they can't make their dicks work correctly and can't find some other way in which to please a woman?
  • Twitter really fascinates me.  It is such a perfect dumbing down tool.  You can't say anything of value with less than 289 characters, so you are limited to some facile comment.  It really makes me wonder if it is an intentional social engineering tool to dumb down the world or just some moron convinced that the prehuman is stupid and there's nothing to be done about it.  "Oh, dear me, this guy goes on and on and on.  Just give me something short and meaningless!"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!