Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • On my Android it just refuses to get rid of the annoying email confirmation box . At the moment its as useful as a chocolate spanner to me .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-12 10:55:18
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Anyone know how to log out on your mobile ? I think I need to reset it but I can`t see how to log out 
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I'm still getting the conformation e-mail thing, on my browser and android. I've clicked on the link twice now from two separate e-mails. But I'll guess I'll try and play around again and post back here if I have no luck with it.

• Thanks Whickwithy!!  I will endeavour to follow your instructions  :)
  • Una said:

Thanks Whickwithy!!  I will endeavour to follow your instructions  :)

Well put, Una.  I'm not the best at instructions.  If you run into trouble, you mght try the Help Suggestions thread.  Some alternatives are suggested there (Sartori, I think?).
  • Whilst the 'Enlarge picture' function works (huzzah!) there doesn't appear to be a way of shrinking the image back down again apart from reloading the page which is a bit of a ballache.  Or am I missing summat?

And what the hell is this?!! -> [..]
  • ^ Transformer Face... For those times that someones comment makes you want to turn into a car.

LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Sartori said:

Anyone know how to log out on your mobile ? I think I need to reset it but I can`t see how to log out 

on my mobile i've just been using the sign out button, just under the goldfrapp logo near the top of the page
    softlad said:

And what the hell is this?!! -> [..]

er... does it have anything to do with whatever this one is....  <):) 
    and is this one something to do with oral sex... 
    =))
  • Una said:

Whickwithy - how did you get an image onto your signature?

First off you're currently using a Flickr image.  That won't work because A) your account is private and B) HTML code is required by the board.

If you use Photobucket or Imgur (I prefer the latter) then you need to copy and paste the code that is shown as being 'HTML'. In the attached image it's the bit shown by the red arrows.

And to avoid disappointing anyone...
  • Sartori said:

Anyone know how to log out on your mobile ? I think I need to reset it but I can`t see how to log out 

In proper mobile mode, the "sign out" button is right at the bottom, on the right, next to a "Full site" option. For me, I still get the stupid "you need to confirm.." message across the bottom, which partially hides those 2 buttons.
  • Anyone know how to log out on your mobile ? I think I need to reset it but I can`t see how to log out 

In proper mobile mode, the "sign out" button is right at the bottom, on the right, next to a "Full site" option. For me, I still get the stupid "you need to confirm.." message across the bottom, which partially hides those 2 buttons.

Wootarama , thanks HJ  . Logged out and in but that goddam message is still-a-hassling me image
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-12 13:54:40
  • ^ is it supposed to go into proper mobile mode automatically or did you do something? just wondering cause it sounds like you're seeing a different layout to me?
  • ^ ping, with my phone, this board goes into mobile mode by itself.

I have a browser setting that lets me choose "mobile version" or "desktop version". Obviously if you have  a similar setting, you should switch that to "mobile" (and then do a refresh). As I said elsewhere - having a dedicated mobile mode is great.. and even better that I can switch to full/desktop layout if/when I need full functionality. I'm using Windows Phone 8.

• Have to agree again with HJ - I'm using Opera on my Android S4 and the mobile mode this place becomes is far better than expected. Only downside is the issue with the confirmation message not going away but I'm sure that's being worked on.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Sartori said:

Yo HJ , for anyone wanting to know how to do it -

1. Go to YT video you want to embed click on the Share button , click where it says "Embed" and copy the gibberish in the box
    2. Go to Goldfrapp forum
    3. Write your words of loveliness
    4. Click the last icon in the text formatting controls , looks like a piece of paper with a greater than and lesser than signs on it
    5. Your written word formatting will change
    6. Press return (or the videos can post out of shape)
    7. Paste the aforementioned gibberish
    8. Press "Post Comment

I'm trying this in the 'Sexy Women' thread and nothing is appearing. Oddly, when I go to 'Edit' the video is visible but upon posting nothing appears. Frus-ter-ating. 8-|
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-12 14:18:09

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!