Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • Yeah better when signed in, i just had a quick look when I was signed out and there was a heck of a lot of scrolling! Haha. But yeah on the whole it's definitely better on the phone :)
  • With my phone setup, it remembers me, so i never have to log in. Yeah, its just nicely laid out, and you don't have to do loads of zooming as you did with the old board.
  • I think it's just that it's so different in terms of how it works compared The Old Very Brown Place that makes some of this seem wrong/broken. There are certainly issues but we're kinda getting there bit by bit.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • There are also some interesting little quirks on this site.  I guess not worth mentioning individually, really.  And, besides, it' somehow fitting that G-spot is a bit quirky.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-13 09:27:07
  • One little nice-to-have thingy that is prob just a case of "flicking a switch"? Most forums have a little mock-LED or similar - next to the poster's avatar/details that shows whether they are online (as we had on GMB).
  • The smaller text that shows up in the post comment box is drving me crazy.  I sit quite a ways from my monitor and, while I can see the actual posts perfectly, it's really hard to see the smaller editing box.

If that's difficult to fix, there is also a "preview" button when you start a discussion.  That would work as a fall back.

I guess I shouldn't really complain as I'll probably go back and edit it anyways.  8-|
  • Hahaha!  You really shouldn't encourage me, Carpy.  I can get wound up just going for a walk on a nice day!  Or, listening to Goldfrapp, any day, any time.  Okay, I admit it.  I can get wound up just breathing! 

Weird!  I have no idea what I just punched accidentally, but I ended up with this bar at the bottom of my page that says things like "HTML" "Content" "div.message" "form#Form" "div" "iframe" "body" "style"
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-13 11:00:03
  • Just thought you should know I got a server error, something about 500 domain. I refreshed to get it back to normal.
  • Still my post count is stuck on one. Why? Everyone else's seems to be working :-q
  • Not everyone, Bell.  Pet's is stuck, also.  I'm guessing it has to do with when you joined.  Hopefully, they fix soon...

Have you tried logging out and back in?  Can you switch devices you are using?  Maybe from mobile to PC would be best.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-13 12:17:13
  • A feature I used to love on the old board was that, if you posted something to a thread, it was automaticially added to your "follows" (subscriptions in the old jargon).  Being as my brain is often like a sieve, I found this quite useful (both in the fact of remembering to put it on my "follows" list and, also, to remember that I posted!).  Easy enough to take it off of one's list if one is not that interested.
  • Quoting is a PITA, esp. when you need to delete part of the quote, your own reply gets quoted, and there doesn't seem to be a way to unquote yourself. Frustrating.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

Quoting is a PITA, esp. when you need to delete part of the quote, your own reply gets quoted, and there doesn't seem to be a way to unquote yourself. Frustrating.

No, Alan, you just need to be careful not to eliminate the lines below the quote.  I did that before, very frustrating.  Just be careful not to delete below the quote.  Yes, my exlplanations are paritcularly bad when I'm hammered.  Errr, spelling seems okay, though.  :)
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-13 19:37:34
  • Alan said:

Quoting is a PITA, esp. when you need to delete part of the quote, your own reply gets quoted, and there doesn't seem to be a way to unquote yourself. Frustrating.

No, Alan, you just need to be careful not to eliminate the lines below the quote.  I did that before, very frustrating.  Just be careful not to delete below the quote.  Yes, my exlplanations are paritcularly bad when I'm hammered.  Errr, spelling seems okay, though.  :)

What if I don't wanna be careful? ;) What I'm saying is there should be a more user-friendly way of quoting. Currently, it's more on the cumbersome side. At this point, I don't even bother editing the quote anymore.
    Post edited by Alan at 2013-06-13 19:44:05
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I agree Alan , it is a PITA , it should be intuitive and easy . Burn a witch at the stake , it may ease our pain .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!