Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • ^ ping, with my phone, this board goes into mobile mode by itself.

I have a browser setting that lets me choose "mobile version" or "desktop version". Obviously if you have  a similar setting, you should switch that to "mobile" (and then do a refresh). As I said elsewhere - having a dedicated mobile mode is great.. and even better that I can switch to full/desktop layout if/when I need full functionality. I'm using Windows Phone 8.

• Have to agree again with HJ - I'm using Opera on my Android S4 and the mobile mode this place becomes is far better than expected. Only downside is the issue with the confirmation message not going away but I'm sure that's being worked on.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Sartori said:

Yo HJ , for anyone wanting to know how to do it -

1. Go to YT video you want to embed click on the Share button , click where it says "Embed" and copy the gibberish in the box
    2. Go to Goldfrapp forum
    3. Write your words of loveliness
    4. Click the last icon in the text formatting controls , looks like a piece of paper with a greater than and lesser than signs on it
    5. Your written word formatting will change
    6. Press return (or the videos can post out of shape)
    7. Paste the aforementioned gibberish
    8. Press "Post Comment

I'm trying this in the 'Sexy Women' thread and nothing is appearing. Oddly, when I go to 'Edit' the video is visible but upon posting nothing appears. Frus-ter-ating. 8-|
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-12 14:18:09
  • hmmm... not sure if its going into mobile mode on my iphone, i'll have to have a look at that and see if i can sort it. i don't have the confirmation box issue you guys seem to be having though???
  • ^ If no "confirm" banner.. then you'll almost certainly not be in mobile mode.

It does not have the piccy at top, and has a "full site" option at the bottom. (Though there is no corresponding "mobile mode" when in full/desktop mode, unfortunately)

• yeah sounds like i'm in full mode then. its ok, seems to fit on the screen ok but i have to zoom in a bit to read stuff. though thats partly my ageing eyes i think... shame it doesn't seem possible to swap between the two easily.
  • @Softlad , RE: "Videos not posting"

I`ve answered/waffled in the other thread but for anyone else reading , it appears HTML coding has been taken off our permissions .....probably as Admin hadn`t realised we accientally had a shiny thing to play with , misappropriate and then attempt to take over the planet with . 

Ah well , it was good for one day .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • In the meantime , please can we have (if they`re easily implementable via flags etc)  -

1. HTML embedding back (if you dont ask ...etc)
    2. An ignore button 
    3. Polls , I suspect this would be abused but we`d have to have a poll on that
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• Thanks softlad, you old genius you.  This could take a while. 

Jaysus!  Now how to make is smaller.....I'll give it a go.

Brilliant!!  A big Thank You Softie.
    Post edited by Una at 2013-06-12 15:48:00
  • Why is my post count stuck on 1 even though I've probably done a handful now?
  • Bells said:

Why is my post count stuck on 1 even though I've probably done a handful now?

Mine is stuck on 4.  It should be a lot more than that.
  • Anyone sussed how to make enlarged pictures small again?  You click on 'em and they stay LARGE!  :-L
  • ^ Nope! Just been trying that, myself. Stoopid.
  • My phone went to mobile site this morning, so I now have the annoying confirmation box...
  • ping said:

My phone went to mobile site this morning, so I now have the annoying confirmation box...

....but also the much better layout?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!