Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • The graphs are interesting (to me at least) but (I imagine) a bit skewed by the inclusion of spam.
  • OK, maybe I'm going a bit too far now, Halloween_Jack, but here's another suggestion for the forum:

As many guys, I'm a tiny bit color blind. Not enough to skip military duty, but enough to encounter several small problems. So here's the thing: I can't see on what page of the comments I am (at the bottom of the comments). Recently someone pointed me out that the current page is displayed in grey while the other pages are light blue. I sure can't see the difference. The result is I am sometimes reacting to a comment on an "old" page. So, would it maybe be possible to use more distinct colors?
  • ^ I would happily adjust that, but Carpy and myself have no ability to tweak layout or colours.
  • OK, I´ll just have to live with it, then. No problem, such is life.
    As long as they don´t put traffic lights upside-down, I´ll be fine ;)

• sarcastic font on <That's because the original designers did such a fantanstic job of setting up this site.  Their hearts were really into it> sarcastic font off
  • How do I avoid the dreaded, Body Is Required, when I click post comment?
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• ^ Hmm. It happens all the time with Internet Explorer 11. How have you been avoiding it?
  • Hi H_J!
    I have a forum-question concerning the “tales of us reviews by us”thread.
    At the very bottom of the thread there is a message by La_Catalina, dating from Sept 17th. It has been voted –3, but what is really bothering me, is that new messages in the thread appear ABOVE the post by La_Catalina. So every time I see the same post that I already know, which is at the very end of the thread (where the newest post should be). Is there a way to avoid this?

• ^ Yes, that's the infamous sort-by-votes problem. The post you mentioned has the most negative votes, and so goes to the end... if you have sort-by-vote turned on. At the top of the thread you can switch it back to sort-by-date.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-11-30 19:31:29
  • ^HJ I tap Write Comment then I tap Show Source suddenly the above options appear then I type in my entry.

But before I do that I select my entry as Copy in case I lost my post.

Then I tap Post Comment and get that Body Is Required red strip bar.
    Post edited by banana at 2013-12-01 12:23:56
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Ah, yes - that was the only way I could get around it with IE 11.

Obviously, we shouldn't have to do that! In "source" mode you can't add a picture, format text etc.

Which browser (and version of) are you using?
  • Windows 8.1

IE 11
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• ^ OK, that explains it. There is a note about it in the FAQ.

I doubt whether we'd ever a tweak to the forum to fix it.. more likely an update to IE11.

I've switched to using the Firefox browser.
  • ^HJ

I looked in the FAQ's and did not find any note regarding "Body Is Required." I was a bit confused even more when posters HIJACK a thread, which is disrespectable and NOT proper form usage.

GET A FUCKING ROOM OR GO OFF-TOPIC.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• ^ It is in: 8. Why can't I create or edit a post?

I didn't explicitly mention the 'body' message.

Hmm, "hijacking" of threads can be annoying. Haven't noticed much on here, myself.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-12-01 15:27:45

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!