Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • I would doubt the issues will ever be sorted and we'll just have to live its idiosyncrasies, rather like having Joe Pasquale as your bezzie.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• So with the board less than a month old we've had hissy fits, Members treating the boards as a their own associated forum, a bona-fide Troll ("I'm not a troll!", "Well he would say that wouldn't he...") and now it's getting spammed to fuck.  Time I think to start looking for my bindle....

"its MY favourite song"
  • Where have all the admins gone, long time passing.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-01 21:16:36
  • Ohhhh!  How does one vote negaitve on a thread (rather than a post)!!????!?!?!  That's NICE!  I wonder if that is the effect of flagging a thread's first post or, maybe, voting negatively on a thread's first post?
  • Ohhhh!  How does one vote negaitve on a thread (rather than a post)!!????!?!?!  That's NICE!  I wonder if that is the effect of flagging a thread's first post or, maybe, voting negatively on a thread's first post?

Voting becomes pretty much useless when there's hardly anyone using it.

If everyone used it, it'd be a whole different story.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • It seems an effective way of noting trollwork..
  • It seems an effective way of noting trollwork..

Not effective enough with just 1-2 negative votes.

-110 would make a difference.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Yup!  A negative vote on the first post of a thread is a negative vote for the thread.  Great!  If I inadvertently stumble upon a poisonous or spamolous thread, I can now note it by just voting against it rather than having to participate in any textual way at all.  Hooray!  I'd almost go back and....no, just to open those threads is like touching poison ivy.  No, worse, since I'm not allergic to poison ivy.
  • Alan said:

Neither does my in-thread ranting seem to make a difference.  It's just I want to show my displeasure with as little interaction as possible.  I do NOT want to encourage such a thread by commenting on it.  Bad enough I had to view it once.

It's another reason why I would love to have the thread poster noted in the thread list.  I would never even have to sully my poor screen with another post from a particular poorly polished surface.  But, for now, I'll just vote negative.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-02 00:12:59
  • Alan said:

Neither does my in-line ranting seem to be.  It's just I want to show my displeasure with as little interaction as possible.  I do NOT want to encourage such a thread by commenting on it.  Bad enough I had to view it once.

With all those numbers, our forum literally looks like a stock exchange market.

So silly. Get rid of them.
  • Alan said:

Alan said:

With all those numbers, our forum literally looks like a stock exchange market.

So silly. Get rid of them.

Yes , they look messy and a plus or negative number is only an indication of someone elses opinion anyway , f`rinstance if a thread on Jazz was created , I wouldn`t even read it before clicking the minus button like I was back in an arcade playing Space Invaders .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I wonder if it would be possible to set buttons on the site to disable things like pictures and vidieos.  I know it can be done from your browser but it might be a nice feature to let the site disable them for a particular user.
  • Alan said:

Voting becomes pretty much useless when there's hardly anyone using it.

If everyone used it, it'd be a whole different story.

Haha Alan, it sounds like the real world to me!
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I STILL CAN'T POST PICTURES FOR F***S SAKE!!

~X(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!