Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Dreams, and your subconscious mind...
  • 107 Comments sorted by
  • @ iuv & sard...Wow, you both make men sound utterly useless... :P

@A_is_A Oh man, I hate those sleep paralysis dreams! They are rather terrifying. I don't have them often, but afterwards I have to sleep with the light on. It's funny how people try to attribute them to something otherworldly...demons, angels, aliens, spirits...terribly unnerving. The last one I had, I remember screaming in my mind for my father and the screams getting lost in a vacuous echo of space..so freaky!
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-03-13 01:38:29
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Sartori said:

Had a dream last night , woke up and told the wife that I'd dreamt I'd been having a wank . She turned to me and said "Bloody typical man , why can't you have a good wholesome dream like me , I was dreaming about scrubbing pans" ;)

That is a joke btw , visualise what she said . Meanwhile I`m off away singing along to Girls Aloud videos .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I dreamt I had sex with k d lang on the floor of a bar with everyone stood round cheering.

• Good God! Sparky that sounds like a scene out of film 'The Accused' , except in that it was Jodi Foster with the bad haircut. No more cheese at night for you! :P

Pony- The wanting to scream and not being able to, it's crazy right?! The last few times i've experienced it I've been able to control the fear. My paralysis/dreams always entail a visitor. At first it's presence in my room seemed threatening, but over time, it seems more curious than anything now. I've actually been wanting to have another one of those dreams so i can try and communicate with it next time...Now that I've sorta gotten over the mortal fear of having it so near.

Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-03-13 15:01:33
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ^ Hmmm, I get too whacked out to want to communicate...I felt like I was being dragged out of my bed once! I can see how people view it as alien abduction. It scares me too bad. Some people call on Jesus, others say singing in your mind or trying to move your lips or toes will bring you out of it. It horrifies me though.

Have you ever had anyone have 'sleep sex' with you before? God, one of my past girlfriends used to do it to me. I'd wake up in the middle of the night with her doing me. She looked awake, but said she had no recollection of even doing it! Then I found out it's an actual disorder like sleepwalking. I felt like I was being raped sometimes. Yeah, that relationship didn't work out... :P

Here's some k d Lang for your fantasy Sparky, haha
    U R I E L
  • Cheers, Ponygurl! Um... it's not really up there on my wish list - public sex with k d lang. The entire All Blacks squad, definitely, but not the androgynous chanteuse. 

Although I sat on the front row when she sang hallelujah and I have to say she has a masculine presence no man could match. She looks like Elvis, had he chosen a career as a linebacker for Vogue.

And as for that long note at the end of the song, well I guess you could say I was moved (but I always cry during Black Cherry at gigs so what do I know?)

• * That is a good one P. I enjoyed it too. One forgets what a velvety voice she's got.

I dont believe I've had sleep sex?! Not that ive awoken from anyway, I might or might not be opposed (deepending on who i was with and how tired I was :D )
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-03-13 21:57:21
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I once woke up humping a girl's leg after a night on Ecstasy.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-03-13 22:03:12
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Oh, and this...

• My kind of dream.  Nice song, too!
  • Iuv, :x

Explanation of sleep paralysis
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

Iuv, :x

I know! I'm so romantic... Oh, you meant the song.

Anyhow, I always knew it was aliens.
  • Unfortunately, I don't seem to dream, or if I do, I can't remember them. Sometimes for about 2 minutes after I wake up but they rapidly fade and are gone. Mrs T though, has vivid, 3 D dreams in surround sound and technicolor, with the ability to reorientate the scene like in Enemy of the State with Will Smith. She then wants to explain them to me in great detail and at length.
    The latest was that she was pregnant, (yeah, right. those swimmers are long gone and I have the medical certificate to prove it) and we all then went around to David and Victoria Beckham's house and was standing in their kitchen drinking coffee. Mrs T is always more bolshie in her dreams so opened their kitchen drawers and found one stuffed with old supermarket carrier bags. She said, ' I didn't expect to find supermarket carrier bags in your kitchen' and Victoria said, 'why not, David and I are just normal people'.
    So there you have it. David and Victoria still think they are normal people and collect old carrier bags to reuse at the shops just like the rest of us. Comforting!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^ Hmmm, analysis time. Perhaps she dreams of starting a new life (give birth to..pregnancy) that would involve celebrity or the money it can bring. The dream of a "new life" is then reconciled when she finds evidence of her "old life" ie. old carrier bags in their drawers. She is reconciling her want of perhaps fame and fortune with reality. That's my 2 cents at least... :D

( I enjoy dream analysis..if anyone would like to discuss theirs at some point)
    U R I E L
  • I dreamt that I met Alison the other night - clearly delusional! 

What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!