Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by

• ping said:

Mirror said:

ping said:

- but Mirror did want to express its concerns over the demise of the band and indeed it's forum and fan base.

ping would like to thank mirror for their concern over our potentially imminent demise. ping, for one, will attempt to struggle on...

^ Ha! I'll second that!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-06-25 17:03:32
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Mirror said:

Mirror does not comment on the quality - but only worries over the level of one-sided uniform approval of anything the band will do in future.

I disliked a large part of Head First but thought the other half was ok. I've said so a number of times as have many on here to that extent or greater. If you've really been around for so long you'd have seen that on the other place.

I have heard the same as you of TOU and love what I hear so far. It's a sound I prefer and am therefore very pleased with the choice of direction.That's not a difficult concept to grasp

If these are my views, held for no other reason than the fact they are my own thoughts, then I see no reason to pretend otherwise, on here or elsewhere.Taking an opposing view purely to make a stance rather than mean it is as ridiculous as it is pretentious. You don't agree? Fair enough, that's fine. Just don't pretend to have a better opinion or the only correct opinion as that will garner as much respect as you seem to have for many of us.

A mirror, of all things, should understand that
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-25 17:06:53
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Hi all.
    Was on ye olde forum...discovered the new version did not know me so I am reincarnated (so to speak). 

I am so excited to see a new album has emerged. I think the original post by mirror is way out of order. The life of a performing artist is always a fragile one...you never know for certain if your work will remain well received and the only way to survive as an artist is to do what you want to do. Anything else is a cop out.

Having said that, I believe that Alison and Wil...and whoever else they are collaborating with...will create what they want to create; what they feel as artists. This is really the only way you can work as a producer of original work. The only other option is to be a cover band, which Goldfrapp are obviously not.

I personally will always support Alison and Will (especially Alison as she is the singer and front person in all of this...and thus the most visible) as I think, as I am sure most here do, that her talent is unquestioned in the world of contemporary music. I look forward to hearing the new album and hope they tour Australia again soon.

Cheers friends.

• Mirror only reflects, and therefore should not be surprised by the one-liners that were thrown back.

However, Mirror will leave you to reflect on the following:

future historians of music, when they look back upon the first 100 years of electronic music,
    who will be the great musicians of our time?

And don't just say "Goldfrapp" or "The fucking Human League" (yes, Mirror has shuddered at your "recommend me an electronic band" thread)

The Mirror never stops reflecting, smash it and it breaks into a 1000 little pieces.
    But never forget, even the greatest stars...
  • How about Goldfrapp AND the Human League?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • @Mirror be careful criticizing 'Tales of Us' (or Goldfrapp for that matter) in these woods, it can be fatal.
    Post edited by Alan at 2013-06-25 17:13:34
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • and relax.

I do love the internet.

you know you can stop looking in the mirror and start looking out of the window.

if you're feeling really brave you can go outside x
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I think mirror secretly fancies us
  • tweety said:

you know you can stop looking in the mirror and start looking out of the window.

I haven't been able to look directly into a mirror since I dropped acid in 1980-something. I must look a mess.
  • Hahahahahahaha! Oh my good god.

I suspect if you really have been around for so long you would have realised many many people have been critical, have voiced opinion and have got yelled down for it, also how can anyone judge an album that no one (apart from press) here has heard yet?

lol now mud flinging at those who haven't said they don't like the look at Tales of Us. hahahahahaha, it's a farce!
  • After all that... I want to do a huuuuuuge trump.
  • It's funny, really.

I have an awful lot more respect & love for the people who decide that they won't come here any more due to deciding they don't like a direction Goldfrapp have taken than I do for somebody turning up out of the blue with an agenda to spout this way.

Conversation > Consternation.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Everyone (maybe everyone) would have been open to your opinion and liked a discussion.

You expressed it in the doucheiest way possible.
  • ¡Necesito ducharme!
  • The way I look at it (for what it is worth) is that if you like something why should you have to explain why you like it (provided it is legal) the same goes for if you find something distasteful that is fine too. It is not however essential to impose your feelings to such a massive extent and then deride the 'one line' replies that follow. I sure as hell have been through enough over the past three years to not give a flying fuck (excuse my language) if anyone happens to like what music I like or not...there are much bigger issues in my life that have to be dealt with on a daily basis that require a lot more of my energy. Plus correct me if I wrong (actually no don't) but I was under the severe delusion that this place was meant to be an enjoyable place to be.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!