Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by
  • You're quite right though cervus, we're here to have a friendly chat about music we like, who gives a flying fuck (perfectly warranted swearing) if someone else doesn't like the same thing?! As you say there are much bigger things to worry about.
    Don't feel shame for defending something you like, it's more admirable than going round knocking things/people just to get a rise out of others. What kind of dick does that?
  • And they say mirrorcles don't happen
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Thanks Ping :) I think I am more annoyed at myself for letting it get to me. I am
    normally the stupid silly annoying person and it would normally require rather
    more poking at me to get that kind of response.....but I rose to it and
    that's that. I still stand by what I said I just wish it had not come to
    that...never mind eh. I will not be giving it any more of my time.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • folklore said:

one thing that made me laugh about one of Mirror's posts was "...will it be as good as Grimes"
    Grimes is a bit shit.  IMO. So I hope it's fucking better.

Grimes is great - I got a bonus laugh from your laugh.

Seems Mirror is the troll that keeps on giving :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • LuDux said:

And they say mirrorcles don't happen

LOL @ mirrorcles

Very clever!
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • The Mirror needs to stop referring to itself in the 3rd prrson and shut the god damn hell up.

• What is art, if not a direct exploit of pain? Go to hell, mirror. Shame on you trying to trivializing and belittle the work of these creative gods.
  • chokka said:

Beatles were overrated in my opinion....

Damn Oasis wannabes....

Yeah they were really, am not gonna deny the white album was good though
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Mirror said:

Mirror is a little disappointed, where are all it's like-minded voices?

Jaxsbudgie, Corvina, Sartori, Shamie, even the old Carpathian who was up for constructive dialogue?

Where are the people who demanded quality over a few glossy pics?

Their new material - if it isnt music you like , its not "shit" , its not "wheres them synths at ho" , its just music that your tastes have declined , no more , no less - any view that the band "owes" you something or must go down a certain genre is being up your own arse with pretentiousness its at Tracey Emin levels.

And finally the punchline , this is a lean period and we do await the new album with our younger selves intense anticpipation , I like what I hear from the clips , its quality music - not mass produced music by the numbers , its quality in the musical structure and lyrics that arent from a "hit machine factory" and that I can appreciate even if I dont like the product . Myself , I`m objective enough that if I dont like the new album after hearing it , then I`ll leave the forum (until the next album) but I won`t force myself to like TOU just because "its Goldfrapp OMG , I`ve been waiting years for this" - Metaphor deleted, it was.wasted On this thread .  

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-25 23:00:20
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

I wouldn't want to see myself in the mirror with Susan Boyle hanging off the end of my knob .  

I might take that at this point.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-06-25 18:13:02
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Who is Mirror?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

Who is Mirror?

It looks like the ginger Irish David Guetta fan , can`t remember his name

"Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ...and pardon my french by the way... Dawn French , she made me write it .
  • Alan said:

Who is Mirror?

A coward who can't post under their real name.

• Low said:

A coward who can't post under their real name.

Were we supposed to use our real names?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-06-25 18:34:59
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!