Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by
  • Cervus said:

I worry....

that is all....

I did not state what I worried about....people can draw their own conclusions........now that is most definitely all.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Whether music is good or bad is a question of objectivity, not how many units it shifts.

Also referring to yourself in the third person is lame.

Chokka does not like it....
  • If that is all, C, then why the ellipsis?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Mirror said:

Where are the people who demanded quality over a few glossy pics?

in fairness you've said yourself you've only heard a few clips on the internet, so how can you comment on the quality of the new album?

• ping said:

Mirror said:

in fairness you've said yourself you've only heard a few clips on the internet, so how can you comment on the quality of the new album?

Mirror does not comment on the quality - but only worries over the level of one-sided uniform approval of anything the band will do in future.

That, and the fact that the track record doesn't really prove too hopeful.
  • iuventus said:

If that is all, C, then why the ellipsis?

That is a very valid point.
    I will go away and think about that. :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Mirror said:

ping said:

Mirror said:

Mirror does not comment on the quality - but only worries over the level of one-sided uniform approval of anything the band will do in future.

That, and the fact that the track record doesn't really prove too hopeful.

ping thinks that as this is clearly a fan forum, its reasonable that the people using it will look forward to new releases. ping (and presumably others) will form full opinions when the album is released in full.
  • ping said:

ping thinks its hard to have constructive dialogue with someone who won't even own their own comments

It's simple, it goes like this:

Mirror stated some fair comments about the state of the previous album, wondering how it is possible
    that everyone on here seems to blindly ignore something which even the singer herself is embarrassed about.

Mirror merely offered an alternative to all the sucking up that has been going on on here.
    Mirror would happily like to be surprised by the new album - who knows, it might be as good as Grimes? - but Mirror did want to express its concerns over the demise of the band and indeed it's forum and fan base.
  • Hi all.
    Was on ye olde forum...discovered the new version did not know me so I am reincarnated (so to speak). 

I am so excited to see a new album has emerged. I think the original post by mirror is way out of order. The life of a performing artist is always a fragile one...you never know for certain if your work will remain well received and the only way to survive as an artist is to do what you want to do. Anything else is a cop out.

Having said that, I believe that Alison and Wil...and whoever else they are collaborating with...will create what they want to create; what they feel as artists. This is really the only way you can work as a producer of original work. The only other option is to be a cover band, which Goldfrapp are obviously not.

I personally will always support Alison and Will (especially Alison as she is the singer and front person in all of this...and thus the most visible) as I think, as I am sure most here do, that her talent is unquestioned in the world of contemporary music. I look forward to hearing the new album and hope they tour Australia again soon.

Cheers friends.

• How about Goldfrapp AND the Human League?
  • tweety said:

you know you can stop looking in the mirror and start looking out of the window.

I haven't been able to look directly into a mirror since I dropped acid in 1980-something. I must look a mess.
  • Hahahahahahaha! Oh my good god.

I suspect if you really have been around for so long you would have realised many many people have been critical, have voiced opinion and have got yelled down for it, also how can anyone judge an album that no one (apart from press) here has heard yet?

lol now mud flinging at those who haven't said they don't like the look at Tales of Us. hahahahahaha, it's a farce!
  • After all that... I want to do a huuuuuuge trump.
  • ¡Necesito ducharme!
  • The way I look at it (for what it is worth) is that if you like something why should you have to explain why you like it (provided it is legal) the same goes for if you find something distasteful that is fine too. It is not however essential to impose your feelings to such a massive extent and then deride the 'one line' replies that follow. I sure as hell have been through enough over the past three years to not give a flying fuck (excuse my language) if anyone happens to like what music I like or not...there are much bigger issues in my life that have to be dealt with on a daily basis that require a lot more of my energy. Plus correct me if I wrong (actually no don't) but I was under the severe delusion that this place was meant to be an enjoyable place to be.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!