Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by

• I happen to like HeadFirst. Moreover, it's disingenuous to call your diatribe constructive. You obviously have only one point to make and have already done so. See... all these people came out to talk to you :)

Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-06-25 21:34:50
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Mirror said:

ping said:

- but Mirror did want to express its concerns over the demise of the band and indeed it's forum and fan base.

ping would like to thank mirror for their concern over our potentially imminent demise. ping, for one, will attempt to struggle on...

• ping said:

Mirror said:

ping said:

- but Mirror did want to express its concerns over the demise of the band and indeed it's forum and fan base.

ping would like to thank mirror for their concern over our potentially imminent demise. ping, for one, will attempt to struggle on...

^ Ha! I'll second that!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-06-25 17:03:32
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Mirror said:

Mirror does not comment on the quality - but only worries over the level of one-sided uniform approval of anything the band will do in future.

I disliked a large part of Head First but thought the other half was ok. I've said so a number of times as have many on here to that extent or greater. If you've really been around for so long you'd have seen that on the other place.

I have heard the same as you of TOU and love what I hear so far. It's a sound I prefer and am therefore very pleased with the choice of direction.That's not a difficult concept to grasp

If these are my views, held for no other reason than the fact they are my own thoughts, then I see no reason to pretend otherwise, on here or elsewhere.Taking an opposing view purely to make a stance rather than mean it is as ridiculous as it is pretentious. You don't agree? Fair enough, that's fine. Just don't pretend to have a better opinion or the only correct opinion as that will garner as much respect as you seem to have for many of us.

A mirror, of all things, should understand that
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-25 17:06:53
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • @Mirror be careful criticizing 'Tales of Us' (or Goldfrapp for that matter) in these woods, it can be fatal.
    Post edited by Alan at 2013-06-25 17:13:34
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • and relax.

I do love the internet.

you know you can stop looking in the mirror and start looking out of the window.

if you're feeling really brave you can go outside x
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I think mirror secretly fancies us
  • It's funny, really.

I have an awful lot more respect & love for the people who decide that they won't come here any more due to deciding they don't like a direction Goldfrapp have taken than I do for somebody turning up out of the blue with an agenda to spout this way.

Conversation > Consternation.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Everyone (maybe everyone) would have been open to your opinion and liked a discussion.

You expressed it in the doucheiest way possible.
  • Cervus, don't let one stranger rile you.

*Mwah* x
  • Mirror said:

future historians of music, when they look back upon the first 100 years of electronic music,
    who will be the great musicians of our time?

And don't just say "Goldfrapp" or "The fucking Human League" (yes, Mirror has shuddered at your "recommend me an electronic band" thread)

They say 'Don't feed the Troll' but I can't resist this one.....

The Beatles aren't even 100 years old yet, there's no guarantee historians will be writing about them in 50 years from now, but the odds are quite high they will be.

Electroinic Music is already about the same age as The Beatles, if not slightly older, as the period Electrospective covers is from 1958, and guess what in that 55 year period of music Goldfrapp figure pretty highly.

Maybe rather than shudder tell us your expert opinion on what is great electronic music.

I guess I need to thank The Mirror for making me (as someone relatively new, yes NEW to these parts) realise that actually most, if not nearly all people on this board are really cool, kind and nice to one another. Well like others have said I have so much shit to deal with in the real world, where people are really unpleasant, and Mirror thanks you've made me realise one thing Goldfrapp have achieved is to create a virtual community where people actually get on in harmony with one another despite having perhaps loads of other differences in the real world, we seem to get on really well compared to other forums and places of discussion on the internet

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Can someone (moderator) please move this thread to Anything and Everything. It irks me that this crap is passed off as news.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Oh my God, shut the fuck up Mirror.
    Post edited by Low at 2013-06-26 08:30:52

• Mirror said:

It appears the use of
    lyrics went over many a “Frappers” head, although best to consider those a
    personal message to the singer herself.

Let Mirror make it
    quite clear, it is not a troll, and its presence dates back to the original
    board members back in 2003.

Before jumping on here and highjacking the Goldfrapp News threads you should have noticed that in the previous board,
    like this one, there are whole threads dedicated to the love and or hate of Head
    First. The truth is you have no legitimate desire for discourse. Your stated purpose is to “send a
    message to the singer” and it seems, not a constructive, or a helpful one, not
    even a kind one. So please take your trolling elsewhere.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:44:01
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!