Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Quotes & Lyrics To Live By.......
  • 176 Comments sorted by
  • Why is it, when someone tells me they don't like dogs, I don't trust them, but when my dog doesn't like someone, I trust him completely?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Common sense?

Agreed. Dogs are incredibly good judges of character.
  • Not sure I completely buy that as some dogs hate everyone but family.  And, some like damn near anybody.  Hmmm, sounds like humans.
  • Not sure I completely buy that as some dogs hate everyone but family.  And, some like damn near anybody.  Hmmm, sounds like humans.

WW. I was probably thinking about normal dogs belonging to normal regular people. Over here we have fuckwits dogs that they keep to make themselves look hard. ( do you have the concept of 'hard' in the USA? )
    I was not factoring in them.
  • Yes, probably, UT.  Like "look tough"?  I was actually thinking of the ones, though, that some people, that are scared of life, keep for protection.  Hmmm, maybe that very similar,actually.
  • Yes, probably, UT.  Like "look tough"?  I was actually thinking of the ones, though, that some people, that are scared of life, keep for protection.  Hmmm, maybe that very similar,actually.

They say protection, but really it is to intimidate others. A popular phrase is tattooed fuckwits. (TFW's) Nothing against tattoos by the way. I can appreciate tasteful body art. Mrs T has something discrete on her ankle and my nephew is the landlord of a tattoo parlour before anyone jumps on my case !
  • It is easier to be a lover than a husband for the simple reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day than to say pretty things from time to time.
    Honore de Balzac
  • Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.
    Arthur Conan Doyle.
  • Words of Wisdom:

“It is not insult from another that causes you pain. It is the part of your mind that agrees with the insult. Agree only with the truth about you, and you are free.”
    ― Alan Cohen

Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair. Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble. (*)

“Uniting two halves of one soul is inevitable, but timing depends upon your level of spirituality. When the time is ripe, true soul mates find one another even if they are worlds apart— whether physically, on opposite sides of the globe, or spiritually, with contrasting lifestyles and backgrounds.
    Here’s wishing you the courage to keep growing so that you may know – or continue to know – the blessing of oneness.”
    ― Yehuda Berg
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I like the thought about truth.  We are fed so much bullshit - day in and day out - by the media, especially the advertising ("everything is wonderful, so bloat yourself some more and find more things to spend money on"), that I believe it is becoming more and more difficult to distinguish the truth.  I'd say a clear head and an ability to discern the truth can overcome words any day of the week though, of course, much easier to just spew.
  • kind of corny, but i love it. i may have wrote it here at some point.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn,
    Is just to love, and be loved in return.

nature boy lyrics.
  • I always take anything written in the press with a massive pinch of salt ( being polite for a change but it's all bullshit really - damn !). I think of it like this. What is the main driving force for a Journo? To get to the truth? Possibly but the main driver is they are professionals (that sticks in my throat) and get paid to do it ( dirty Journo whores - damn it !). What gets them seen as being the best? In a word or two, selling copy. How do you sell the most copy? By being controversial and scaring the shit out of people. Therefore, in the grubby world of newspapers, controversy sells. No one is interested in 'old lady looses dog, then finds dog, everyone happy.' Much better to have 'old lady beaten by Johnny Foreigner who then steals and eats her dog because they do that abroad you know' they want you to be xenophobic because you then believe what they tell you and buy more papers to see what atrocities are being committed by foreigners, unemployed people on benefits, scumbag 80+ old BBC employees and anyone else who does not match their 'supposed' standards.
    Scum. Mind you, they are right about Farage who is a tosser!
    Daily Mail anyone?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-05-22 15:33:48
  • And that's why they hacked the phone of Milly Dowler.
    Disgusting low life's !
  • Yeah, the problem with it, though, is, if you watch any broadcast, especially in the U.S., you are conditioned from the time to start.  I'm guessing you haven't yet gotten flooded with adverts on your tellies, yet, though that doesn't mean you are avoiding the conditioning.  Just lower intensity. 

And, there lies the beauty of the web.  Most of the crap is being circumvented.  At least to a discriminating person.  But, of course, your point about selling copy just got massively more intense on the web with the registering of "hits".  But, then, again, you just aren't held hostage by limited "channels' run by nimwits such as Murdock, Koch brothers, etc.  The control is losing it's iron grip.  And, all I can say to the nimwits who feel a need to control everyone and everything is, "Fuck you very much.  May your genes not split, may your carcass be left in the sun, may your soul shrivel further than it already has."

Whew!  Haven't spit bullets like that in a very long time.  Felt good.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-05-22 17:06:28

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!