Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Not good. One of my best friends, for over 20 years, was in an accident and is in a coma. As his niece said- why do such terrible things happen? There's obviously no answer to that, but it pretty much sums up everything im feeling.

A struggle for life and a struggle to understand it. Tough things, HJ - I wish there was a simple answer.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Not good. One of my best friends, for over 20 years, was in an accident and is in a coma. As his niece said- why do such terrible things happen? There's obviously no answer to that, but it pretty much sums up everything im feeling.

sorry to hear that HJ, sounds awful for everyone.
  • jozzy81 said:

Hope you better soon Archway.. :)

Thank you. I think I'm nearly over the worst, but still feeling a bit tired (not sleeping well).

Today was one of those "on the edge" days. A bit too stressful, an a real desire to escape.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • sleepy but got a wake-up call big time when 2 army helicopters went over very low, while i was having 5 while out on a walk awesome sight... :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Thanks Helen, Lou and Carpy. I do feel like i can mention things like that on here... It would seem a bit like shouting to the world... posting about it on social media. People here are a little more respectful, and it does help a wee bit to share. Also lets ppl know why I'm maybe not in the mood for posting much right now.
    Happier news is that my summer season has come to a rather abrupt end, and i was able to have a lie-in today for the first time in 5 weeks! Hope to finally try out my new kayak this month...
  • ^
    I think you need a load of Frappers to come down and stay with you to cheer you up/entertain you. We dont ask for much, full English breakfast and a tour of the area, drinks in the evening with a Goldfrapp themed to it. Simples! 
    :D
  • ^ excellent idea H_B ;)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I would love to host such an event! We have actually talked about it... would be good to get together the people who came to Goldfrapp/Cornwall/Eden in 2006.. but any other GMBers would be welcome too.

I have long-let tenants moving in on the 14th, so you've got 12 days! :)

• Sorry to hear that HJ. These thing that happen tend to provoke so many questions to be asked yet they are questions that there isn't an answer. Needless to say I am thinking of you. Take care of yourself. x
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Thanks for the kind thoughts, Cervus.

I had an update about my friend who was injured/comatose: "Pete is awake and breathing by himself but very agitated and not speaking. He is moving limbs ok."

Overall, that's good news :)

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-03 05:32:14
  • That is great news to here. x
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Wonderful!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Hope everything works out for you. Wish bad things did not happen to decent folk.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • great news H_J :)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Hot and sweaty yuck.
    Glad things are a lot better @Halloween_Jack for your friend #:-S

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!