Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Very sorry to hear that HJ. I've been there with dogs and rabbits in the past and it is not a position anyone would want to be in. I've always put complete trust in a very good vet and have been guided by their professional and compassionate advice.
    I am sitting with by boy Dakota having a hug on the couch, him watching me type this, and we are both sending positive thoughts to you.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • We are very sorry for you too HJ. It's a horrible thing to have to do but if poor Oscar is suffering then it will be the right thing. I've lost many pets in the past and had cats pass away in my arms before. It's heartwrenching, and we send you our hugs and blessings.
    I had my beloved cats cremated and keep their ashes in little wooden boxes with photos and crystals, it gives me some peace. They are always with us in spirit. Xxx
  • Indeed heart wrenching HJ - we have two relatively old pooches and our thoughts are with you!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Sleepy, night night!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Shattered. These Christmas Markets knacker me out especially eating all the lovely food :>
  • im all ponderous.

im making a big video slide show for the father in law of all the thousands of photo's he's taken while holidaying here the the uk and also all the vast train journeys he's taken on steam trains. yes, he's a bit of a train enthusiast.

i've been putting slideshows together to go on a dvd for him, but the music ive chosen has been criticised a little bit. likening it to something you'd hear if someone had died... 

so, um, does anyone know of any good instrumental music out there that lasts over 6mins and puts you in a pretty good mood, especially for looking at photos of steam trains and lovely landscape shots???

i plan to keep the slide shows down to about 6mins, using the same track. so it can't sound too repetitive.
  • @cookiee I thought of Philip Glass- "Closing" from Glassworks. It runs about 6 minutes and it's evocative. Just a thought-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

@cookiee I thought of Philip Glass- "Closing" from Glassworks. It runs about 6 minutes and it's evocative. Just a thought-

it's perfect! thanks so much! i totally forgot about philip glass :)
  • Way to come through, PoGu. Love Glassworks.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I finally sent out all my effing Christmas cards, hurray!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Oh, shit!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • A_is_A said:

I finally sent out all my effing Christmas cards, hurray!

I really hope you sent your Goldfrapp ones :P
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Haha. No, the more traditional kind. But, if you PM me your address I'll see what I can do.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-12-10 21:41:18
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • OMG. I knew it would happen. The dreaded lurgy has hit me since coming home from work.  :-&
  • I have a theory about this. It is quite common for people to feel under the weather during the week, but continue at work, then succumb to the illness over the week-end. This is because your immune system suppresses the worst of the symptoms due to the stress of delivering work commitments, then when time off approaches, the stress eases off and let's in the full effect of the lurghy. The more stressful the job, the more the illness is suppressed. Only saw an example of this very syndrome earlier this week.
    Just a theory.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!