Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • @Pet "I could have done with talking to someone, but everyone seemed to need to rush off."

You aren't abandoned Pet, just the wheel of modern life spinning. Exasperating if you ask me.

I'm feeling a bit old this evening- I sat with the older folks at a work party tonight. I just didn't feel like doing shots of Patron and joking around. I'm feeling pensive and reflective. Prob that time of the month coming.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Maybe it's the weather, dudes, or the phase of the moon. I've felt choked up all evening. I even got teary eyed during America's Greatest Talent when I noticed how professional and compassionate America's most famous shock jock has become. I've also been doing a routine parasite cleanse this weekend. In that case, it might be an emotional release paralleling the physical release. Anyhow, sniff. *joins others in the melancholy corner*
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-08-18 07:18:43
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Ponygurl said:

Prob that time of the month coming.

In the mythology of my novels, that would place you in Phoebe's domain.  There are four quarterly goddesses:

Bella's country is the morning, spring and the period between bleeding and ovulation.
    Mata's realm is the afternoon, summer and a woman's fertile period.
    Phoebe's domain is evening, autumn and the premenstrual period.
    Slia's queendom is night (Slia's black queendom), winter (Slia's white queendom) and the period of bleeding (Slia's red queendom).

I think it's at least a potentially useful conceptual framework.
  • I shall incorporate this info Pet into my Sex Ed lessons- then they really will think I've lost it lol!
  • @Pet I have entered Slia's red queendom..does she have an assistant that delivers tampons perchance? Seriously, I really think that's a cool Goddess interpretation Pet.

Right now I'm watching "Portlandia" ...Hilarious!
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-08-19 16:02:47
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • @Ponygurl.  If goddesses have assistants who deliver tampons, I suspect that they're to be found in the guise of shop assistants.  I don't know how close it is to where you live, but Tampa sound as though it should be the best place in Florida for that.
  • I should be feeling top of the World today with the Greenwich shindig later but really struggling with my depression this week. Feel tired and listless all the time and not very enthusiastic.
    I'm sure a drop of alcohol will do me fine later :|
  • ive found more damp patches in my dining room. so its a no go for redecorating until i can locate whats causing it. im sat in a room that smells of both earth and highly concentrated diffuser.
  • That sucks, hope its nothing serious :(
  • For the first time in a while I'm feeling content in my own skin. I've semi-purposefully been taking a back seat and letting life flew over me for a bit. I love the busy and the effort but I'm finding that if I don't pace myself I burn out.

Knowing Elliot does such a cracking job here (and he does!) means I could be a little selfish for once. Getting older means you realise that isn't always a bad thing if done for the right reason.

So, yeah. Feeling refreshed and a lot more like myself and you know what? Maybe that's a good place to be. It's nice to just be who I am.

I have a heap of friends, here and there, and I have as much faith in human nature as ever.

Sorry for the ramble but a couple of you lovely, lovely people have been asking about me being absent from these walls for a while. I'm fine, I'm happy and I see Frappers every single day in a million other places too.

Hope the world finds you all in an equally good place :-)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Glad you're feeling chipper, good sir! :-)

Forumers have been mostly well-behaved lately, and not too many site-based queries, so all pretty much OK.
  • Good to see your OK Mr Carpy and life is treating you well. Take each day as it comes and things get better.
    You have a lot of friends/fans on here too 
    ;;)
  • The start of a new Dr Who era must have helped that mood no doubt Carpy.
    How did you find Mr Capaldi?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• :x
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Glad to read everything's going fiine Carpy!

Pet said:

Ponygurl said:

In the mythology of my novels, that would place you in Phoebe's domain.  There are four quarterly goddesses:

Bella's country is the morning, spring and the period between bleeding and ovulation.
    Mata's realm is the afternoon, summer and a woman's fertile period.
    Phoebe's domain is evening, autumn and the premenstrual period.
    Slia's queendom is night (Slia's black queendom), winter (Slia's white queendom) and the period of bleeding (Slia's red queendom).

I think it's at least a potentially useful conceptual framework.

Godesses for women's ovulation cycle? Well thought Peter! That could make me pray (or sometimes curse) in the name of one of them. Very useful, as you said.

I feel very happy today. Besides Goldfrapp wonderful news (because I'll probably be able to go!), I've been in my practicum for a week and everything's going fine, my boss is nice and he loves and knows what he does. Also, he gave me today a box of tomatoes and peppers he cultivated. They're very good! I'm making sauce today.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!