Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • ^^To be fair, cw's not asking us to solve his problems, is he? He's just posting exactly what he's invited to post here.

•  Fair point but I wasn`t trying to solve them . Please re-read , I`ve not told him to do anything , my notes are just notes they aren`t a request apart from not needing to apolgise to me . To be fair to me and others , a forum isn`t a place to spunk out your families problems , if I wish to post that I`ve had a great day with the kids and mrs straight after a depressing moan , it makes me look a c*** for even posting that let alone not empathising/sympathising , I dislike feeling morally obliged to not comment on good days I`ve had or providing some shoulder to cry on .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-01-07 15:35:37
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • deleted owing to me talking b*llocks
    Post edited by whisperit at 2014-01-07 16:02:10
  • Thanks to you both in different ways. Let me say this, In Bolton there was what they called = A Christmas blues event. Where people who had problems went. Did not be all happy by singing. They were told to write down on some paper what was upsetting them. Then they ripped it up without anyone looking at it. Because a lot of people believe writing it down makes you feel a bit better. That is what i am sort of doing. I say if i am happy. So you do the same. Even if it is the next post after one of my sad ones. I want all my fellow Frappers to be happy. Sartori is right. One word especially rams it home, PERSPECTIVE. Oh i love being called a Scouser too.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • whisperit said:

deleted owing to me talking b*llocks

not crawling. But you never talk that.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • cw37frapp said:

In Bolton there was what they called = A Christmas blues event. Where people who had problems went....They were told to write down on some paper what was upsetting them. Then they ripped it up without anyone looking at it. Because a lot of people believe writing it down makes you feel a bit better. That is what i am sort of doing....

That's good, cw.

There's kind of a key phrase there, though, which bears thinking about, "....then they ripped it up without anyone looking at it...

And I'm guessing they didn't go home and post it on their social networking sites either?

:)
  • Interesting point there.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • cw37frapp said:

Thanks to you both in different ways. Let me say this, In Bolton there was what they called = A Christmas blues event. Where people who had problems went. Did not be all happy by singing. They were told to write down on some paper what was upsetting them. Then they ripped it up without anyone looking at it. Because a lot of people believe writing it down makes you feel a bit better. That is what i am sort of doing. I say if i am happy. So you do the same. Even if it is the next post after one of my sad ones. I want all my fellow Frappers to be happy. Sartori is right. One word especially rams it home, PERSPECTIVE. Oh i love being called a Scouser too.

A bit of paper you say, just checked my pockets ;)

"Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • You bloody wum. Really credit has to be given to Cardiff. See they have got Bolton (my other team) in the next round of the cup. Eh it is a good job we are both Frappers otherwise we might not get on Sartori.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • cw37frapp said:

My nice chilled out period is over. Big time too. My eldest did what she has done a few times. Totally refused to go to School. Of course some of you would say, Drag her there. The house is really noisy and stressed. Just wish i could get her sorted out properly and not quick fixes.

I'm afraid I like to talk things over.  It's nice to get ideas.  Believe me when I say, I know how difficult or impossible it is to find out why a woman does something, but it sure seems key.  Otherwise, I'll shutup.
  • I agree with you, ww, although I find men equally baffling.

And I should make it clear that personally, I'm fine with anyone posting their worries, problems, and how they feel - good or bad - in this thread.

Like I said elsewhere, my main worry is that the forum can sometimes get filled with tons of posts by just one or two people, spread over many threads, so it looks more like the personal website of that person. To the newbie who is interested in GF and visits the forum. thinking about joining, that must be off-putting.

In other words, there comes a point when prolix posting seems like a misuse of the forum and its members. If you really feel the need to post multiple updates about non-GF issues and your daily life, then please get a Twitter or Facebook account or something instead, so people can choose whether they read them.

Post edited by whisperit at 2014-01-08 13:13:39
  • I know how difficult or impossible it is to find out why a woman does something, but it sure seems key.

Ah, I nice bit of casual misogyny to start the day! Lovely.
  • Better now. Kid went to School. Things have been set up. So hopefully no more or not much more moaning from me in the future.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Took my own advice...
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-01-08 20:35:17

•   Yes, some people, because of

Unnecessary comma (Oxford Rules of Boxing)  - Yellow card , next one and you`re banned ;)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-01-08 18:52:34

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!