Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • How can y'all catch your breath?  It's comin' at ya like a freight train!  Woohoooo!
  • I think I get in about 3 as well (my tickets are about 5ft... too far) , I've decided I shall use the Force to negotiate my way t'hotel de la Mitre and start with a drinky poos on a basis of "no good time started with a 'mines a babysham' "
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • My motto "Bad decisions make good tales"
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-08 08:05:12
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • How can y'all catch your breath?  It's comin' at ya like a freight train!  Woohoooo!

You mean "like a traaaaaaaaaiiiiii.....aiiiiiii...aiiiiiiii.....aiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!"

(that last bit typed in Alison's singing voice!)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I expect to.then detail my woes and travels on t'forum and then find a song about it on their next album
  • this is not unreasonable
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I haven't booked my travel yet.  Eek.  Better do that today.  Depending on price, I guess ill aim to be in Manchester around 3ish, plenty of time to have a mooch about then, some food etc.

(beer.  I obviously mean beer...)

• You mean "like a traaaaaaaaaiiiiii.....aiiiiiii...aiiiiiiii.....aiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!"

(that last bit typed in Alison's singing voice!)

Dang!  How could I have missed that!
  • We're arriving tuesday and going back on friday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Hello all, I have a pair for downstairs in Manchester on both 17th and 18th...would anyone with a pair upstairs like to swap for either date?
  • Right, I hope this works.

17th

Carpy
    redp3k
    Úna
    Halloween Jack (Elliot)
    Laura
    Stuart P
    ping
    chokka
    Sparky
    Sonap
    st185cs
    tweety 
    paolo t
    Bottlehead
    kokofrapp
    Discopony (coming in from Canada)
    Sartori
    Dreeke and wife
    dick1814
    Jude and Hubby
    VisualFallacy
    ChrissyBobs

Phil - Fenlander62

David - dcbaxter + Denise (the better half)

* alex_f
    * pob06
    * Keith
    * Layla (+Spike)
    * Sian
    * tomato23
    * Gavinj
    * FeltMountaineer
    * Icesky

18th

Carpy
    Úna
    Stuart P
    Border_Mind
    st185cs
    tweety
    Chokka 
    Discopony (coming in from Canada)
    * Hells_Bells

* = posted on GMB and/or FB that they were coming but not yet confirmed on here

OK, just to check Sartori, you are having a ticket of me, correct ? (my memory is not what it used to be but I am 99.99999% sure about this one) Pick up from box office.

I know Layla and her better half, Spike are also coming as they are having two of my tickets also, but I don't want to tempt fate and confirm them myself. :)

Oooooh not long now.

Me and the Mrs will be coming up in the afternoon, not too late not too early ! on the train then at the Mitre and back the next morning. CANNOT WAIT !

But I have to....

Post edited by dcbaxter at 2013-07-08 15:49:25
    Sophie_Banner
  • Yup , please and thank you :) . Do you or I pick mine up (is it up or downstairs) ? I`m at the Mitre as well , arriving 3ish 

My Spidey gig-sense is activated .
  • Phew I thought it was you, had a panic attack earlier lol.
    Pick up form me as I have 6 to collect. one for you, two for Layla and Spike, and 2 for me and Denise.
    Leaves 1, which hopefully someone will have, or it goes back to the box office to try and sell :)
    We will meet up at the Mitre and go down to the gig all together. If it's not far and I can pick up early I might try to otherwise on the way in and I have no idea where we collect from once inside !! Better check !!!
    Sophie_Banner
  • Umm, David, you should have copied the latest list (near very bottom of page 3). There's a bunch of stuff (people's names etc) that's been missed off in your post above. Okie dokie?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-08 16:56:33
  • Oh yeah. Was supposed to say I'm going on 18th. Would love to do both but work, expenses, travel, accommodation and personal reasons dictate one show only @-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!