Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • I booked a brekky with the hotel , considering my own cooking , I expect that my pathetically low standards will be met .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • tweety said:

I think overnight qualifies bar entry!

Just have to strongarm them to stay open :D , I only have to sober up for Saturday....actually no I don`t .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • tweety said:

...been looking at pictures and reviews of the mitre, which I notice has a residents bar :)

It would be great if people did decide to have drinks/chat in the Mitre bar, as I'm gonna arrive in Manchester later than most (6pm), and will head straight to the Mitre, and don't want to miss people! Not sure when ppl will head to the venue?

Oh, and is anyone besides me & Una gonna wear anything special? Come on folks, it's a once-only event!

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-10 07:38:25
  • Sartori said:

I booked a brekky with the hotel , considering my own cooking , I expect that my pathetically low standards will be met .

what was the supplement?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • if anyone knows of other good brekkie places aswell as the abergeldie, shout please. i'm not stayng at the mitre and certainly don't fancy 3 lots of ibis soggy scrambled egg'd mush at the place i am staying!
  • www.fryupinspector.co.uk

don't think he has done any reviews in Manchester, but this blog is great if you are a fan of the all day breakfast!

check out the sergeant sausage review in the guest section ;)
    "its MY favourite song"

• It would be great if people did decide to have drinks/chat in the Mitre bar, as I'm gonna arrive in Manchester later than most (6pm), and will head straight to the Mitre, and don't want to miss people! Not sure when ppl will head to the venue?

With the number of us at the Mitre and at the gig I'd imagine the same thing will happen as at other meet-ups - once a few people start to spot each other it makes the 'clump of Frappers' more obvious for others to notice.....which then makes it even more obvious.....which then etc etc.

I'd imagine there'll be no problem a lot of us meeting a lot of us!

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • tweety said:

Sartori said:

I booked a brekky with the hotel , considering my own cooking , I expect that my pathetically low standards will be met .

what was the supplement?

Five earth pounds .
  • that's not at all expensive!

full English?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • No I`m half Scottish
  • ;) , just checked , it says "cooked and continental breakfast" , I`ll probably be so hungry that I`d eat a scabby dog* in the morning anyway

*fried
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-10 08:03:57
  •  I just have to remember a. I`m not in work   b. I`ll be talking to real humans*  c. Tone my behavior and `banter` down  

*to be confirmed ;)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-10 08:08:37
  • might be a little out the way, not your trad greeeeeasy spoon but looks good non the less :)

http://trofnq.co.uk/
  • I must be a right hippy but that Earth Cafe sounds worth a look: http://www.manchesterbuddhistcentre.org.uk/health-well-being/earth-cafe

If you look carefully at the photos on the page you can see that they do cake.

Nuff said.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • cake...

thought you might like it Carpy ;)
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-07-10 08:51:06
    "its MY favourite song"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!