Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 327 Comments sorted by
  • Thanks, a forum like this seems to me to be precisely the place to sound off about biases, quirks, concerns and so on. I'd far rather read something wrong but heartfelt and thought-provoking than something right but hackneyed and dull, if you know what I mean.
    Post edited by whispered at 2017-02-19 15:43:24
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2017-02-19 18:07:37
  • Sorry.  Just been feeling very snarky.
  • I wasn't far off.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I sense a vacuum.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Gosh, Drew.  I don't know why you deleted your account but I hope I or no one here has offended you.  Like I said, I got a little snarkier than I usually do.

If you feel you made some comments that you weren't happy with, don't feel bad, a lot of us do.  I liked your first approach to it better.  Just delete the comment.  I do it quite often.  Anyways, I hope you change your mind and my apologies if anything I said offended.  I don't particularly like these faceless interactions because they are hard to interpret.  So, please, dont take anything I said too personally....
  • I feel the same Drew. I commend you for your service to mental health- it takes a special person. I know you are compassionate. I know I come off as a 'know it all' and sorry if I may have offended you as well. However, I really liked the discussion. We are all learning, all of the time. Xo
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • And @HellsBells said....
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • And @HellsBells said....

Hells_Bells said I'm not surprised this little "scuffle" on here has imploded. Just sat back and watched it all build up and then BOOM. Won myself a little bet anyway
    >:)
  • Ponygurl said:

You walked in through a beaded glass curtain to enter Pulse. Instead of going straight in, I'd always go to the left and into the boy's go-go bar. There were usually 2 or 3 hot young men in g-strings dancing on top of the bar itself and one working the stripper pole. There was a black light on and a palpable animal electricity in there. I loved watching them, they were just so absolutely free.

From there, I'd cut through the back, past the DJ booth, and out onto the dance floor. Ahh, the girls. The drink of choice was Blue Heavens and we'd drink until our inhibitions were sufficiently lowered.They would teach me how to Latin dance and the art of 3-way kissing. I would have to go to the outside bar just to cool down and let my heart rate slow down.

It's been 3 years since the attack. I went through a really weird grieving stage with it. I had both the fight and flight responses. I moved house. I isolated for awhile, which I came out of..but I'm still dealing with a 'give no fucks' attitude about things. It's an apathy, when I used to care so much about everything. Still working on things I guess- my fire is returning ever so slowly.

Oh, it must be hard, PG. Lots of love as ever from over here x
  • Thankyou for your kind words whispered :x. It's Father's Day today and my own father disowned me at age 19 for being gay, so another tough day for me. I hope you and your daughter have a lovely day though, you're lucky to have each other.

With anyone who may be struggling with something, I've found that finding a quiet place and listening to this clip will help.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!