Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 327 Comments sorted by
  • .... Also found this quote quite inspiring-

“You can’t measure your care by the reception it receives. As is so often the case, the act of loving is itself the victory”

The act of loving is the victory!
    Yes, the act of loving is the victory!!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Sounds like NLP. Can that really help though if the root of clinical depression is brain chemistry? I'm not so sure. I've done the tapping thing, felt a bit stupid doing it and it didn't work for me. Pass me the pills!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2017-02-19 17:14:36
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2017-02-19 17:14:50
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2017-02-19 17:16:21
  • In regard to biology, I know it's all this unnatural crap in our environment changing our brain chemistry. I remember about a decade ago I cracked a molar with a filling in it. It happened on a Friday night and I couldn't get a dental appt. till Monday morn. Over the weekend I had this awful taste in my mouth. Well, it was mercury. That's when I realized that 'silver' fillings are highly toxic mercury. I went a little nuts for a few months. It literally fucked with my mind. I did a natural detox, but took a few months to clear. I do believe chemicals and heavy metals play a big part in mental disorders.
    U R I E L
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2017-02-19 17:17:32
  • Well, this last set of ten or so posts has been well worth the read.  Very encouraging.  I like what you say about pre and post 1945 and, also, about the chemical angle.  That is what I am utterly convinced of.  The chemical imbalance is caused by ceaseless stress and some of the things PG mentioned, like being angry at oneself.  I vehemently believe in vitamin cereal though it was sad to see that the only vitamin cereal I found in England wasn't very vitaminy.  And, then there's niacinamide.  I have never had such an amazingly good shock to the system as that.  It's not enough, alone.  There are so many other things that can counter its effects like cigarettes, coffee, alcohol.

But, yah, as you seem to imply, Drew, nature is good.  Culture would be better, but worldwide culture seems to be going more and more towards a stress-filled, non-respecting (of self or others) way.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2017-02-19 17:21:49
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2017-02-19 17:22:28
  • I have read a few things about the effects of nature, like those that are live close to nature are less prone to allergies and the breathing of the air in forests are supposed to make you healthier.  Funny thing, I've got all of that so that's a good thing!  And, of course, music has saved my sanity so often in so many ways I can't count.

It is weird, though, that the messed up mental attitude can actually affect one's physical characteristics.  I guess I've always known that and been completely convinced of the power of mind over matter, especially when it comes to one's own body.  But, it would take a powerful mind to overcome the nonsense of today's world.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2017-02-19 17:26:27
  • Nicely said.  Ummm, actually, have the sea air, also.  ;~j

Personally, I think the mind has direct effect on the chemicals the body produces.  Actually, adrenaline is a perfect example.  I can also say for certain that the mind can do a huge amount of repair to the body and mind all on its own.

Interesting about the disturbance to the community of minds.  It's one of my favorite theories.  What if there were something unrecognized causing that disturbance and all we had to do was remove it?  What if all of our emotional upheaval had a very specific source?
  • @WW
    Maybe the emotional upheaval comes from the very nature of this world itself? It is constantly consuming itself, and transforming. Everything from the physical structure of the planet itself, to all the life upon it. Everything feeding off of each other, and although that sounds parasitic- it is life here.

I think what may go unrecognized is the component of emotional energy itself. It is very powerful, but tends to be invisible..because it is an internal thing. One being's energy trying to overpower or even kill another's. When a person is a target of someone else's negative energy or even rage, then what? I mean, what are the options? I mean, hopefully one can escape it, but what about a child?

Far too often, negative energy will find a weaker target to unleash on. Now the target of such energy must either somehow heal, redirect the negative energy onto something/someone else, or turn the effects of the negative energy inward upon itself..which turns into depression. It is a constant flow, an emotional flux.

Idk, it seems pretty straight forward to me. There should be a basic protocol-

1.) Blood, hair, and urine sample to determine if there's been heavy metal poisoning (mercury, lead, etc.) or chemical poisoning. Alot of such poisoning comes from an unclean water supply.

If the results come up clear, then-

2.) Find the source of the anger causing depression. The depressed person was an obvious target of negative energy/abuse. Only the depressed individual will know what happened, because something did happen. That is the invisible part- something was internalized.
    U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!