Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 92 Comments sorted by
  • dear me. who's bottom's are needing a good smack here???

Rewak  >:)
  • For correctly predicting the future? :P

Anyway, Alan, if you had changed certain things about your site and social media interactions i don't think you would have been told of. None of your stuff said anything indicating it was a fan site, unofficial, etc. I mean if you Google "Goldfrapp" your feed comes up in the right side bar reserved for official feeds! That's how confusing it is, and that interferes with things. I remember messaging you on Tumblr after you nicked a GIF i made up asking why you didn't just reblog it (i.e the point of Tumblr) and even your reply was trying to sound official (i believe it was "We don't reblog things?"). By presenting yourself as an official outlet you were stepping on some toes, and i think that's why you were told of more than anything else.
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-06-28 12:04:32
  • rewak said:

For correctly predicting the future? :P

What?

Mind wandered a bit there.
  • On the old forum some stuff was found by a group called The Christmas Bunch, obviously involving Alison, but management acted within a few hours asking Alan to rip it all down and posted denying it was her (it was very obviously her, unless she has an evil twin). At that time i kicked up a stink that it was BS how quick they were to rip something down like that but weren't acting at all on the spam issue, and how that just set up a fine image of things to come, and predicted sharing of live stuff would be punished given Alisons hatred of them. And now here we are, Bristol show got posted, ordered to take it down, website goes away, and nothings happening about the recent spam posted.
  • dear me. who's bottom's are needing a good smack here???

And then the oral sex?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

dear me. who's bottom's are needing a good smack here???

And then the oral sex?

dirty bleeder :p
  • On the old forum some stuff was found by a group called The Christmas Bunch, obviously involving Alison, but management acted within a few hours asking Alan to rip it all down and posted denying it was her (it was very obviously her, unless she has an evil twin). At that time i kicked up a stink that it was BS how quick they were to rip something down like that but weren't acting at all on the spam issue, and how that just set up a fine image of things to come, and predicted sharing of live stuff would be punished given Alisons hatred of them. And now here we are, Bristol show got posted, ordered to take it down, website goes away, and nothings happening about the recent spam posted.

The two aren`t connected in that the forum isn`t a right but a privilege and if the persons who owns the copyright of those songs wants them down , then down they come . The one is the use of a forum , the other is a misuse of someones copyrighted music and their livelihood (how and what they protect is their business), they have no mutual connection - you might will disagree , but those are facts sorry. 

I must correct you about the legality of the recordings  - it is only the copyright owners that can authorize the making of live recordings - in this case Al and Will . While the person who taped it has a technical copyright on the recording , he doesn`t really as the very act of recording it was illegal .

We could discuss the morals of copyright and the live recording never being released so who loses out , we could discuss the semantics of any part of this , but its really a deflective thing , the band own the copyright .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-28 12:37:32
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • iuventus said:

dear me. who's bottom's are needing a good smack here???

And then the oral sex?

... Rewak?
  • thathurt said:

Thank god we still have the mental health thread :-\"

Yeah it's mental ain't it? =))
  • Kiyuri said:

... Rewak?

Galahad.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Sartori said:

Blah-blah-blah

No, the two are very much connected because both fall on
    Fascinations Managements side and both incidents have happened from
    postings on the forums. No one owns the copyright to the TCB tracks
    posted, certainly not Mute, and i'm not even getting into the live
    recording stuff because you've clearly decided where you personally
    stand on that even if it is a misinformed opinion. Trading communities
    don't exist by flying under the law you know, they abide by it,
    otherwise we'd be seeing them taken down along with torrent sites. And
    this is now the second issue you've tried to get all high and mighty
    over on me specifically, do you have a problem with me or are you just
    outspoken to everyone?
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-06-28 12:52:19
  • with the christmas bunch stuff, i kinda felt more that it wasn't that they were denying it was alison more that they were trying to eliminate any connection between that past and 'goldfrapp' the current band. thats how i read it anyhow.

totally agree with you rewak about the attempt to make an unofficial site look official was probably a lot more of the problem with alan's site. the site did some good promotional work for goldfrapp so i don't wanna sound really negative toward it cause it was/is a great collection of stuff. but it seemed to me that a boundary was crossed.
  • Sartori said:

Blah-blah-blah

No, the two are very much connected because both fall on
    Fascinations Managements side and both incidents have happened from
    postings on the forums. No one owns the copyright to the TCB tracks
    posted, certainly not Mute, and i'm not even getting into the live
    recording stuff because you've clearly decided where you personally
    stand on that even if it is a misinformed opinion. Trading communities
    don't exist by flying under the law you know, they abide by it,
    otherwise we'd be seeing them taken down along with torrent sites. And
    this is now the second issue you've tried to get all high and mighty
    over on me specifically, do you have a problem with me or are you just
    outspoken to everyone?

I didnt comment on the TCB tracks at all as I dont recall what they are - I was referring to your post above saying the Bristol tracks are legal - I am informed about the UK legal situation as I received , shall we say , a `strongly and legally worded` email about a set I put on a forum , along with my IP address - if you say "oh I see" or "I still disbelieve you" is er...your prerogative , I`m not trying to change your viewpoint on whether they should be legal or not , just a heads up that they`re not . A sort of getting the facts right and then form your opinions from those sort of thing , you have a degree as I recall , so Im not going to teach you to suck an egg .

My personal viewpoint is that they shouldn`t be illegal btw , which is totally separate from what the law says . 

The trading communities exist as a sort of grey area , there continued existence shouldnt imply they are legal in the UK , DIME etc are just tracker sites . The law of the UK says the files you download are illegal and indeed in Dimes FAQ . I`m not going to cut and paste from other sites on here , you either believe me or you don`t or you take a peek .
     Whosoever acted , did so as the thread is on the official forum and they didnt like that . The management of bands over the last few years for live stuff seems to have gone on a proactive march . 

Unfortunately , you seem to think I have a downer on you , but as you`ve made a statement that I had a personal collar feeling in and its the threads topic in effect - the only way I can discuss them or even comment is to state the law of the land - that is 180 degrees on your opinion , so you shoot the messenger , or do we wish for everyone to not question anything we say ? I`m not saying that confrontationally btw , its a point of discussion - it touches on Mirrors point - do we all just agree with each other all the time or discuss ?

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-28 13:50:57
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I'm gonna take a stab and guess you posted a live set on Mediafire or similar then Mediafire or similar took it down and sent you an email about it, not an email from a label or management company, an email from the files host. That's nothing to do with anything, it's an automatic process out of the labels hands, same way YouTube detects audio and sometimes (frequently) gets it wrong and even takes down official videos. I've had files taken down and warned that i uploaded for personal storage that were nothing to do with anything with 0 downloads! If that's wrong then fair enough, there are bands out there that will actively take down live recordings and that's their decision, but in the many years i've followed Goldfrapp they've never been one of them and they've never requested a take down until Fascination got involved. What i'm saying is i don't believe this decision has come dome directly from the band, i'm guessing it's been made independently by the management group, and these kinds of decision are very fragile and can lead to a very negative image of the band. We've now lost one of the major fansites because of this, so you tell me that's not a negative outcome that paints a shady image of a band that for many many years now has supported fansites, and remember free.fr streamed audio too.
  • I think Alan did a great job, especially in term of collecting all new and old stuff, what probably GF management doesn't like is the fact that he managed to use pretty much everywhere their name: Pinterest, Spotify, Lastfm, vimeo, you name it. So, this, combined with a design rather similar, the use of their logo etc probably has started to piss off more than one person. It's true, sometimes fans get confused.
    On goldfrappmania I sometimes receive email from people "Hi Alison, I wanted to say thank you", "Hi Alison, I want to....(ok, better not to report this :-S )" etc, and it's clear that my website is not the official, I don't use their logo their colours, etc. So, I can imagine how many people mistake Alan presence on the internet with Goldfrapp.

My Goldfrapp fan website http://www.goldfrappmania.com
    My Facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/paolo.tozzo

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!