Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 92 Comments sorted by
  • I'm gonna take a stab and guess you posted a live set on Mediafire or similar then Mediafire or similar took it down and sent you an email about it, not an email from a label or management company, an email from the files host. That's nothing to do with anything, it's an automatic process out of the labels hands, same way YouTube detects audio and sometimes (frequently) gets it wrong and even takes down official videos. I've had files taken down and warned that i uploaded for personal storage that were nothing to do with anything with 0 downloads! If that's wrong then fair enough, there are bands out there that will actively take down live recordings and that's their decision, but in the many years i've followed Goldfrapp they've never been one of them and they've never requested a take down until Fascination got involved. What i'm saying is i don't believe this decision has come dome directly from the band, i'm guessing it's been made independently by the management group, and these kinds of decision are very fragile and can lead to a very negative image of the band. We've now lost one of the major fansites because of this, so you tell me that's not a negative outcome that paints a shady image of a band that for many many years now has supported fansites, and remember free.fr streamed audio too.

I received a Management `signed` email to my email address registered on a forum about 2 years ago , I posted the links on the forum , they mentioned not doing it again , getting my home address , sexually assaulting my cat etc etc - made my pants squeak . 

We have common ground , its the management who have taken this stance , the management companies appear to be now adding the service of chasing down people and posts to keep their product as they wish , they`re also sending Take Down notices for YT to enforce via other 3rd party companies  , I did have the name of them but lost it .
    I`m certainly not being an apologist for them , certainly not saying its a good thing , I can understand it but thats a different thing from agreeing . My opinion , um um um , I`m tending to think that the forum is being run via Sandbag and quite candidly not very actively , "be back soon" messages and not being back soon to set up the mods reflects (to sort out the spam for them) even worse as this affects the flavour and thoughts of the visitors to the new material . I`ll be honest , I can`t comment on the loss of Alans site as I`ve never visited it . 

I`m not telling anyone what to do , everyone can do whatever they want , my posts point is those are the facts , you decide from them if you wish to believe me or research yourself and what opinions of those facts or findings you want to have and what you wish to say about them etc .   
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-28 16:14:59
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Get a room, you two! :))
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 17:02:28
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • 8-| If i could embed audio i'd be putting the end credits of EastEnders right here.
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-06-28 16:29:55
  • Post edited by tweety at 2013-06-28 16:36:41
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Get outta ma pub!!!

Keep it in the faaaahmily etc
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 17:02:44
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 17:02:52
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 20:43:18
  • Stranger said:

I am rude and annoying?

only if you choose to perceive yourself to be. I have no opinion of you, Stranger

I find it apt that this thread is called Farewell Goldfrapp.

There is a bigger picture

"its MY favourite song"
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 17:04:33

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!