Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 198 Comments sorted by
  • Well, I've applied for a role as Programme Officer for RSE - Relationships and Sex Education. This is The Big One, jobwise for me. It would involve working for the county to support the governments imposition of mandatory RSE in all English schools from 2019 onwards. There can't be anyone out there who wants this job more passionately than I do- please keep fingers and paws crossed for me folks. It'll probably take the council 6 weeks to arrange interviews tho- they are painfully slow.
  • Crikey. What exactly will this job role entail? Would you be working for the DfE governing and moderating that area in secondary schools?

It does sound like it comes with a very lengthy job description and person specification.

Best of British!! x
  • Best of luck Kat. Just speak with passion about your subject and convey to them how passionate you are about the subject of sex, and it's education. 
    Hope your crystal pecker positively gleams on the day ! 

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Interviewing Panel: So then Mrs Robin, please tell us why we should hire you for the job?

You: Well I'm into Goldfrapp, plus I am a great contributor to many a thread on the message boards. I have contributed to a wide variety of discussion, including llama's, crystal peckers and boobs. Amongst other things.

• I can assure you there's more to me than that, but I'll take that little pen portrait and wear it with pride lol. I'd give someone a job on the basis of the first criterion alone.
  • If you want a character reference Kat, you know where I live !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ha ha! Put that in an IM for me UT, we don't want the world to see ( I dread to think....!)
  • It would be funny to read a draft version of it first though. Fire away UT. \:D/
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-10-20 02:51:41

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

• I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Is everyone on time of the month round here? Haha!

Now then..I do believe that a particular individual on here was in the process of writing a new Sex Ed Book? So what happened to said book?

Did it get banned? Or will it appear somewhere randomly like in a Brussells book shop called Le Cherrystones?
  • I daren't look at what LuDux has posted. Yet.
  • I daren't look at what LuDux has posted. Yet.

To summarize it's sordid and frightful but at least it's short
    Post edited by LuDux at 2018-02-23 14:27:32
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • If you are referring to my tome Serenity, then it’s currently on the back burner. Over the last few months I’ve been too preoccupied with applying for jobs, having interviews, working for different agencies and focusing on my upcoming art exhibition to have bothered sending it to other publishers. The last feedback I got from a publisher was that “ it would make an excellent book”, but their market research suggests there would be insufficient interest to make it financially viable. I was all enthused because of the new mandatory status of RSE coming in from next year and I still feel it’s a resource that schools could find useful so I will try again in the Summer. But I’m also feeling a bit disheartened, having worked in several establishments in recent months and seeing the lack of interest / responsibility schools are showing in failing to give credence to the subject. It appears to still remain taboo or at best, a curriculum add-on under duress ( I nearly wrote Durex there !). At least a good friend is now the county’s SRE Officer, a job I went for but she got, and deservedly so. If anyone could promote my work then she would, but I think she’s encountering the same apathy. When funds are tight I guess it’s not going to be a school priority either. I’m not planning a sequel or a trilogy by the way, though I do think writing erotica might prove a whole lot more fun and lucrative ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!