Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 198 Comments sorted by
  • Ponygurl said:

Well my Dad refused to pay for my college, and I was disowned by him..but it's water under the bridge now. She got the big, beautiful wedding and my girlfriend wasn't even acknowledged. That's life though when you have a 'born again' Christian father.

Doesn't take being Christian to be a judgmental ass. Worst thing you can do for yourself is compare your desserts to anyone else's. That sort of matter is beyond us. I know how hard it can be when it comes to family though.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2018-02-27 00:15:16
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • So true. Sorry if I keep bringing this up, it's just devastating when your own family rejects you..and for no good reason. I rise above, I rise above it.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I think it's healthy to acknowledge shit in one's life and put it behind you.  It seems to me that being able to talk about dispassionately is a good thing.  Better than hiding it and letting it fester.  My dad was a complete dick and a verbal abuser.  Come to think of it, he was also one of those holier than thou assholes, also.  And, worse yet, so full of shit when it came to that holier than thou attitude.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-02-27 06:47:45

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!