Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • How terrible! I've never heard of that.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • To be fair i didn't even know that people said congratulations to the groom and best wishes to the bride. I didn't even know there was any hard or fast rule.

I guess i was trying to be polite.

• The intentions were well placed.
  • Are you sure you didn't just make this up, WW ?!
  • Yah, you can look it up.
  • X( erm......Thank You All lol. For the record, we were two " brides" and both wore dresses on the day! We don't do any of that gender roles nonsense, though Catherine did reclad our shed the week before we went away very professionally and is a bit of a whizz on the circular saw, while I prune the roses etc.
    WW- sometimes I think you think and worry too much!!
  • That was the wrong emoji thingy...I meant to press this one :O See, I'm bloody useless with girly nails!
  • Best wishes!!!

Ahhh, Kat, ya think?
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-08-24 06:04:48
  • It's my birthday today. I am 31 but feel more like 41! Hahaha!! Gonna have to start buying anti wrinkle cream soon!!
  • Kat- if your little dog is anything to go by, I bet you and your wife Catherine looked lovely. Many congratulations now and for many years. xx
  • Happy Birthday, Serenity!  I hope you dance and laugh alot.  That should keep you feeling younger.  Well, that and telling relatives to go screw themselves.  That may help more depending on your family.
  • Whickwithy- apart from my immediate family (mom, step dad, stepbrother stepmother and nan), nobody else from my actual family has even wished me a happy birthday. Pretty disgusting isn't it?

I've got aunts and uncles who use the excuse 'she's an adult now' to explain why they can't be bothered to send a card. We all know it doesn't cost that much.

My family have never been close unfortunately. We have certain people sticking with certain people. As i say, myself and my immediate family are normal working class people but other family relatives are EXTREMELY snobby and materialistic. We don't have much in common with them.

Totally up themselves.
  • The more i grow older the more and more i want little to do with people. Such is life. I guess i am very independent and do not suffer fools, time wasters, snobby or ignorant people gladly. And i may have become more direct in that i will say what I think and sod what others think.

• Ouch!  I send emails.  Does that count?  Just sent one to my grand-nephew.  Tuba player, that's pretty grand, right?  Just kidding.

Is your extended family nobility?  gentry?  Errr, the term 'posh' comes to mind.

Well, anyways, telling them to go screw themselves isn't as good as laughing and dancing, anyways.  The same is true of my family.  I can't say I've ever had extended family say happy birthday but I think English families may be a bit closer than American families.  It may the size of the country.  Falls into that community discussion, really.  I like the idea of close families.  It's gotta be the best of close communities. Ouuu, sounds like you and I could have a competition on totally dysfunctional families!

If it were my birthday, I think I would want to take a walk in one (or more, I walk alot!) of England's wonderful gardens.  It should still be rose season, right?  Man, talk about a great birthday tradition!  But, then again, I am a bit odd on the isolation side myself, so solitary pursuits are a specialty of mine.  Not that walking gardens needs to be solitary.  So, I would guess you read alot?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!