Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • What are you referring to Serenity?
  • I feel very sad this am. Tried to rescue a baby hedgehog yesterday and removed 8 disgusting ticks from it but it died an hour later. Heartbroken, but not surprised.
  • The one and only. Alison Goldfrapp herself.
  • Oh Kat! No! That's terrible for you and that poor wee hedgehog.
  • Kat - gutting when that happens. You did your best and as you say, that's how these things go. Most baby animals don't survive the first year of life and go to feed some other creatures instead (your choice of melancholic yet uplifting music here) x

• The one and only. Alison Goldfrapp herself.

I'd counsel trying to shrug it off, serenity. After all, it is very difficult to know what was behind the block. Maybe your tweet was misread or misinterpreted. Maybe she felt fragile that day. After all, if she hasn't blocked you after you told her off for posting something you disagreed with in the past, that suggests she isn't intolerant.

I gave up thinking my musical crushes were people I want to meet in real life a long time ago. I adore Chopin's music, for instance, but I think he was probably a self-absorbed snob - and he was certainly anti-semitic. They are able to articulate feelings that we share, and wonderful as that is, it doesn't make them better people. 
  • I don't know whispered. It was a very surreal experience i have to say. I don't really have an celebrity encounters to talk of.

I guess my new claim to fame is pissing off Alison Goldfrapp?! The thing is though- did she herself block me or some PR person.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry?

But as I've said previously part of life is tolerance and believe me ive seen stuff posted on Yahoo forums under religion and my blood is actually boiling when i read it so i have to distance myself from it.

• I was reading yesterday a forum of normal everyday people getting blocked by celebrities for seemingly minor comments.

The ones to watch out for are:

Frankie Boyle (I wouldn't go near his page with a 20 foot barge pole anyway)
    Gail Porter
    Keisha from Sugababes (The mouthy one)
    Philip Schofield (not such a nice man! Very Pissy)
    Dan Wooten (who?)
    Claire Powell
    Josie Gibson
    Mara Wilson
    Piers Morgan (surprise surprise)
    Gary Glitter (vomit)
    Tamsin Outhwaite
    Denise Van Outen
    Perez Hilton
    Richard Madeley from This Morning
    Jonathan Ross
    Paloma Faith
    Missy Elliott
    Noel Clarke
    Alison Hammond
    Suzi Perry
    Myleene Klass
    Courtney Love
    Roger Moore?!?!?!

And not surprisingly Donald Trump!!!

• The thing is though- did she herself block me or some PR person. 

I don't do Twitter, but I can see that she has about 50,000 followers. Presumably, she follows loads of people too? And she does Instagram too? I imagine that means she receives hundreds of messages every day? Maybe thousands? Whatever, far more than a normal human could be expected to process or think carefully about. The same probably applies to those other people you listed.

It would be unrealistic to expect them to respond with perfect tolerance, thoughtfulness and care to every one of these messages - particularly if they have literally no idea who they come from.

We are human, all too human, as the man said.
    (Or a dud, as the woman replied)
  • As someone as famous and influential as her, yes I'm afraid to say that yes I don't really expect that kind of behaviour from her or her management team.

You don't alienate your fans. I don't care how pissed off she is. Fans are integral to her career. Remember that without the fans a band will ultimately fail.

I get pissed off quite a bit too with what friends say on Facebook. I don't sit there blocking them because they say something that i don't want to hear.

No excuse for it.
  • The upshot of this is this- if your not singing somebody's praises you get blocked off. Maybe she didn't want to hear it from a 31 year old. Maybe I'm getting paranoid.

I'm staying away from Twitter. It is highly unlikely I will ever meet her in real life anyway. 
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-09-02 05:53:04
  • Philip Schofield-pissy? My day gets worse!!
  • Don't upset the Schofield. Apparently he got really funny with someone because they said they found him a bit too 'shouty' on Dancing on Ice.

Richard Madeley was another funny one- someone made a comment about his daughter Chloe getting banned for drink driving and using his own solicitor to bail her out.

Awkward...
  • Particularly depressed this morning. The result of too much time on the internet. It really is a bad place.
    For my sins, I am quite active at the moment on a Higher Ed forum, where mental health issues are increasingly starting to dominate the discussions. Something to raaaannt about....
  • Are you ok whispered? And what bigger higher education forum?

I actively use the TES forum (Times Education Supplement) and there are many threatening to quit their jobs as teachers or thet are experiencing bullying from other staff.

Really saddening to read.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!