Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • Those are some beautiful pictures you have there of your time in Italy. I bet the grandeur of the buildings and architecture is out of this world.

I wish i had of kept pictures of when i went to Barcelona with its grand cathedrals, French apartments and monuments on nearly every corner. A stunning place.

A holidays or travel thread would be great to share photos of countries visited for those who haven't travelled much and seen the sights. x
  • Well, we are back in France for a couple of weeks; down near Bergerac, just in about 60 miles from Bordeux. We come here every year for a couple of weeks rest and relaxation from the hurly burly of everyday life. In the middle of the countryside in an old house with its own pool. Lots of reading and just hanging out. The fact it is slap bang in the middle of the Bordeaux wine region, and the house is surrounded by vineyards is just a coincidence! I don't remember anyone on here claiming to be from France. There should be as you even have your own song, Ooh La La !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • na...
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-07-03 07:09:50
  • Ooh la na?
    Also here to see the Tour de France. One stage ends in Bergerac, about 10 miles away and starts the following day in Eymet, about 8 miles away.
  • Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-07-04 06:56:33
  • Lotta good it did us. LOL, but thanks. At least the fireworks are pretty.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Woohoo.  America is so nuts right now it is truly unbelievable.  Reminds me so much of the Mcarthy era where sanity goes right out the window.  Gosh, how I wish our government had a reset button like England and could just call a re-election.  Ah well, four years...  Even with gerrymandering, I don't think they can win again in four.  It's all props and facade ... I hope  (well, and psychops engineering - that only works with zombies, though, as far as I can tell.  Well, I won't get into my theory about zombies or I would be getting back to my REAL lengthy posts).

Fireworks were nice.
  • Gerrymandering. Good, old fashioned word not heard that often enough today. A word derived originally local to you I believe, from Elbridge Gerry. The Tories have been doing this for the last 25 years to maximise their haul at General Elections.
    As for Trump, he is a lying, duplicitous scumbag and a borderline traitor to the nation and the sooner you find a reason to impeach him, which you will, the better for all.
  • We will probably also learn that the numbers were actually fudged.
  • What, Trump rigged the vote in Defiance, Ohio?

• :|
  •  the sooner you find a reason to impeach him

Not sure that helps.  Then you have a REAL republican for President.  That might be even worse.  I would say it would almost certainly be worse.
  • iuventus said:

:|

Basically, the plot for 5 seasons of Scandel.
  • I don't watch that sort of TV.
  • A bit of escapist old clap trap is a good sorbet between the more challanging mental challenges of life.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!