Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • Well, today we went to a nature reserve, a national park called Kadulla, and we saw Elephants!!
    There were about 100 or so today. Apparantly, yesterday the weather was a bit better and there were about 300 on the plain. We asked where the others were and apparantly, they go into the jungle. We saw them moving around, eating, playing, big ones, little ones, then a lot of them went into the lake to bathe. I have lots of photos and video but the Wi Fi is too limited in this hotel to transfer from the camera. Will do so later.
    Just saying !!!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Oh, and we were chased out of the park by one Elephant who took umbridge at us getting too close to a smaller herd that came out of the river as we were leaving along the road into the park. It charged, trumpeting and trying to ram the jeep but we just got away. It got to about 3 feet behind the jeep. Appy has pics and when I get to them, I will post.
    Scary!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-04-12 15:33:29
  • I'd bet he could've caught up to you if he'd really wanted to.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I shall be seeing elephants too today, but not in quite such an exotic location- a Norfolk zoo. Looking forward to seeing the llamas most of course!
  • Well, here’s Nellie the Angry Elephant. She got as close to the back of the jeep as we wanted her to!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-04-13 13:31:26
  • I dunno. I go away and it gets all quiet on here (God I sound like someone else)
    Still slumming it as you can see if you click here
    https://twitter.com/changeling_1/status/986278653146181637?s=21
  • Who is this other you refer to? Or was it God you meant? Tsk tsk, a bit vain of you (and asking for trouble!). I did think of chatting to myself like a fart in a colander but spend enough time doing that as it is, didn't want to type it too. Im thinking this forum's days are numbered...

:((
  • You know to whom I refer. 'It's so quiet on here' ( so post something interesting) 'Fed up with this crappy site' etc. Where are you @LuDux and @Iuventus ? It's the Kat and Urban show at the moment!
    Kat and Urban? I've got an idea for a cartoon show!
  • I'm too tired to post.
  • Three in the bed and the little one said 'roll over, roll over', so they all rolled over and one fell out.
    Just let us know you're still breathing!
  • My view right now, 10.45am Sri Lankan time 6.15am UK. Sisikirana Villa, Galle, Sri Lanka

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-04-18 01:15:15
  • Gal Vihara, Polonnuwara Sri Lanka. We were lucky to be there when some Monks visited. They had I
    Phones, IPads, some even asked other visitors to take their photos. Those in Pink are lady Monks!

• There I am!
  • n,s! Sri Lanka. We were lucky to be there when some Monks visited. They had I
    Phones, IPads, some even asked other visitors to take their photos. Those in Pink are lady Monks!

</blockquz
  • Don’t know what’s going on here, esp on this thread, but the above was not my comment ! Help- if we are going into the realms of Fake Comments then it’s def time to quit!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!