Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by
  • If The Mirror is sincere in his/her desire for discussion why not pull it off the NEWS thread, remove content and place it in the "Anything and everything" thread, OR better yet, why not have this "discourse" in an already existing thread.
    I think the fact that it was placed first and foremost as news is a calculated attempt to get attention and upset people.

Feel free to prove me wrong by moving it Mirror.

I doubt they will.

LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • paolot thinks it's just pointless to keep talking about Head First now, after three years, as it's pointless to criticise a teaser! paolot thinks that either

A Mirror secretely loves Alison, but not loved back and so it's pouring out its frustrations
    B proabably Mirror is a troller!!

I'd go for the former! Even a poem! I'm impressed :)
    My Goldfrapp fan website http://www.goldfrappmania.com
    My Facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/paolo.tozzo

• this. 

It's the web: surely everyone is hiding behind usernames and pictures? Do people really know exactly who they are talking to? The reason Mirror refers to itself in the way it does is because there might well be more than one of us.

^ See... There is no sincerity here. Just more troll talk, threatening BS. I'm done with this...thing.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Mirror said:

The reason Mirror refers to itself in the way it does is because there might well be more than one of us.

Ah, I always wondered what happened to that fine institution:P
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-26 14:33:14
  • Mirror said:

It's the web: surely everyone is hiding behind usernames and pictures? Do people really know exactly who they are talking to? The reason Mirror refers to itself in the way it does is because there might well be more than one of us.

Most of us, at some point or another have shared drinks, gigs, food, visits and other such things in real life. We know actual names, jobs, locations and such. We've lived and in some cases loved.

We don't know everything about everybody, I'll grant you, but we know a lot more than nothing.

Oh, and I'll also happily thank you for at least starting to talk normally. It does make things easier.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-26 14:35:09
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • OK Mr/Mrs/Group Mirror. If you really want a proper discussion stop this smoke & mirrors act please?
    I just don't like this "Uuuhhh, look at me (us?) being all mysterious" act.
    If you haven't noticed yet, it just forces a discussion about the way your points are made, not your points themselves.
    If you refuse to be so kind to just reveal what you're all about then this is the last reply you'll ever get from me in this thread.
    Might not be a great loss to you, but that's how I prefer my discussions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Stand back and take a fresh look at what is being proposed in this thread, folks.. I'm sorry, but it does seem absurd.

If 99% of a forum's members enjoy the direction a band/singer is going in, musically and image-wise... so what? That is a good thing, no? It seems ridiculous to crave argument just for its own sake.

People like Jaxsbudgie were always having a snipe at Goldfrapp - and sometimes other members - but at least they (mostly) did it in a humorous way.

• I'm a sucker for electronics too. But I've never considered Goldfrapp to be an electronic band.
    They're beyond that. They just do what they want. I've got a soft spot for bands like that.
  • Ahhhhhhh!!!! To me this is the Marillion forum all over again. What is progressive rock and what is not. Please think outside these silly boxes...

Seriously, after the diversity of Goldfrapp's output this is the last place I would expect discussions like these.

If you want a definition of Electronic Music please look it up in something like wikipedia.
    The last thing you want to do is judge Goldfrapp's music according to that definition.
    Sorry, but that's just stupid imho.

Why not just enjoy what you like?
    I love lots of different kinds of music for different reasons.
    I had an amazing time standing front row at the last Girls Aloud shows because it was such fun and it meant more to me and my wife than I'll ever take the effort to explain that to The Mirror.
    And just last week we went to a festival and thoroughly enjoyed a lot of alternative up and coming bands plus an amazing Portishead gig (front row as well) I'll never forget.
  • Lisa said:

@Border_Mind

You people, honestly, it's like iuventus said, there has been a lot more ugliness on here that didn't come from Mirror.... I have been trying to somehow turn this thread around into a more constructive discussion, but I guess it's preaching to the deaf.

Why not start a new thread, then, Lisa, that does not start with an extremely offensive post towards the Artist that most people are here to appreciate (cherish, in my instance)?  This thread was poisoned from the very first post.  What makes me ill is that new people that come to this site to celdebrate an awesome band may very well read that first post as the first read on this site!  That's crazy.  Considered opinions, as yours seem to be, Lisa, are fine.  Vituperative vitriol is not.  If you are directing any of that suggested ugliness at any of my comments, go back and read that first post one more time.  I sure hope something kills this thread and it is replaced with one that is not vicious from the very first post.

By the way, I flagged that first post.  Maybe that will make the moderator take a look at it.  Would you go into someone's home and trash who they are, their lifestyle, and work?  To me, that is exactly what this stie is, their online home. That is exactly what was done with that first post.  I assume that the cracked reflector's later post were similar, except for the nonsensical drivel otherwise posted by it.

I swore i wouldn't come back but I really had to flag that vicious, completely out-of-linie, first post.

And, let me just repeat the first comment, in case anyone has a short attention span: Why not start a new thread?
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-30 10:24:36
  • Man, life is hard enough - for any of us. Being a female front-woman for a band is tough, especailly as you get older..

Its good to have constructive discussion about Goldfrapp's art and music. But this critical focus on Alison's choices about her own body (teeth veneers etc)?

Please show some decency and compassion.

• Hahahahhahahaha.  Precious. I liked the bit where it looked like a poem!

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-25 16:25:21
  • ^ tee hee

Post edited by ping at 2013-06-25 16:16:49
  • hi Mirror! glad you could make it :)
    "its MY favourite song"

• The reflective Mirror is sadly more of a blunt hatchet.

The Mirror only reflects what is in front of it:
    emptiness reflects emptiness,
    shallowness reflects shallowness.

The Mirror has been around for a very long time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!