Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Finally back here, at least for now; sorry to have missed so much.

Under the heading of "That escalated quickly", the 'bad back' that caused me to miss out on last year's Brighton get-together turned out to be the first symptom of an auto-immune disorder which has since utterly transformed my life....

(Yes, I am officially my own worst enemy....)

I now have an impressive number of diagnostic labels, including Mixed Tissue Auto-Immune Disorder, Sjogrens Syndrome, Interstitial Lung Disease, and Overlap Syndrome. And a very colourful box full of drugs - two types of immune suppressant, steroids, injections to stop blood clots, stuff to protect my gut ...

I struggle to walk as far as the postbox 50 yards down the road, and last night, I was so exhausted by putting the bins out, I threw up. Next week, someone from HR is visiting me to arrange my early retirement. So my income is about to drop to 25% of what it was 12 months ago.

On the plus side, my bad back is better!

(Love PG's Anais Nin quotes btw)

xxxxxxxxxx

• so sorry to hear that Whisperit, they are things I've never even heard of. Am I ok to give you a virtual hug!? (((( :))))
  • Sorry, I pressed the wrong emoticon. Not a laughing matter at all....I was sending you a smile. Sorry!
  • KatRobin said:

so sorry to hear that Whisperit, they are things I've never even heard of. Am I ok to give you a virtual hug!? (((( :))))

thanks, kat. that would be very welcome . its not catching!

and although ive had more hands laid on my private areas in the past 6 months than in the previous decade,  no hugs!

how are things with you lately? x
    Post edited by whisperit at 2016-09-26 13:35:14
  • Yeah good thanks. Making a good recovery physically since my op and back at work. I sincerely hope that you start feeling better soon. Keep us up to date :-*
  • @whisperit Sorry to hear your not in the best of health. I wish I could give some words of wisdom like these kind folks here but I give you my best wishes instead. I hope things get better for you and here is a virtual hug from me
  • That's good news, Kat

And thank you very much, Hells_Bells. Hope you are feeling OK this weekend x
  • Gaaah. Stoicism fail.

I'm struggling with my current condition, and my medics are still trying to figure out how to stabilise it. Result =  4 emergency admissions in the last 4 weeks.

Today, I'm feeling really unwell but trying to avoid calling the out-of-hours GP, as I know he will just send me into hospital again. And no-one wants that.   
  • Gosh whisperit, I do hope you're feeling better too. I hope the hands that were laid upon your privates were at least manicured and warm. Can you juice cleanse? It probably sounds pansy, but very, very effective for all types of immune conditions.

I'm dealing with a sprained tongue myself AND red wine stains on cream colored carpet. I know, i know..everyone's concerned. It was worth it though.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-10-11 20:50:12
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Aw, poor PG. Hope what(who)ever you sprained your tongue on hasn't suffered any long term damage.
  • Ponygurl said:

Gosh whisperit, I do hope you're feeling better too. I hope the hands that were laid upon your privates were at least manicured and warm. Can you juice cleanse? It probably sounds pansy, but very, very effective for all types of immune conditions.

I'm dealing with a sprained tongue myself AND red wine stains on cream colored carpet. I know, i know..everyone's concerned. It was worth it though.

Sprained tongue? I'm too scared to ask. Hope it was worth it

;)
  • I shouldn't have been playing with the Hoover. You know, your typical cleaning accident. :D

(Actually, I think I ripped my frenulum. She didn't have any piercings, so still not sure how the hell I managed to do that (?) )
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-10-12 19:49:10
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

I shouldn't have been playing with the Hoover. You know, your typical cleaning accident. :D

(Actually, I think I ripped my frenulum. She didn't have any piercings, so still not sure how the hell I managed to do that (?) )

I'll just google frenulum then reply before I can be either shocked/disgusted/amused etc :\">
  • You and me both!
    I've just sent a reply to your messages Hells but I'm not sure if you'll get it. Let me know if you don't.
    Pass the dictionary...
  • Ps...how do I feel today?
    A bit glum as I'm getting an ear infection. But super chuffed now I know that Marmite and Pot Noodle are staying on those supermarket shelves!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!