Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Spare Llama available for dinner party entertainment
  • 440 Comments sorted by
  • I'll look out for it....my giant foam mallet isn't working.
  • Scott's has some granules that one spreads for moss control.  I'm pretty sure voles and moles don't go near it.  Just start spreading as near to where you have a problem and move outwards.  
  • Don't have moss in the lawn...plenty of clover. Hope it won't kill what's left! I'll look out for it, thanks :)
  • Kill what moss is left?  You can bet on it.  Actually, there are spreads that are branded for mole/vole avoidance.  I'm pretty sure that it must makes the soil taste bad to them.  The moss treatment, I think, smells wonderful when I first smell it .... but if I'm around it for too long or if I happen to get just the slightest amount on my tongue, it tastes really horrible.  

By the way, the ingredient that the mole/vole repellants is castor oil!  I guess you could make a spray from watered-down castor oil.
  • Aww katrobin. Can't you be glad that a few amazing and beautiful creatures have found somewhere to live and love and be free?

LookAtTheCuteBabyMole
  • Donald Trump as a baby?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Whisper it- but this is my problem! I'd keep them as bloody pets in my gerbilarium!
  • Did you know they can be cannibalistic though?
  • This Llama thread has some legs! Straying into Moles now.
    There's only one way to kill a mole, as Jasper Carrot once said..
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yes, more legs, I'm talking ants now. Apparently, ants are repelled by the scents of cinnamon and baby powder! Both of which oils I conveniently have ( I'm into aromatherapy, prob haven't bored you with that before). So I'm going to go sprinkle on the doorstep before the horror of flying ants returns! The joys of living in the countryside.
    Anyway, back to the llamas....please.
  • Ouuu, nice insight on ants!
  • Forgot to mention, the cinnamon oil worked, and the house smelt all Christmassy for a week!
  • Two of my favourite things are llamas....and antique shops. But not together. Imagine my horror when I came across this lil cutie in a Whitby antique shop! Aaaargh!!!!!!
  • On our next drive into Whitby across the North Yorkshire Moors, a scruffy little long haired Jack Russell ran out of nowhere and nearly under the wheels of my car. The little thing was absolutely covered in sheep poo and had been rolling in a decomposing crow and was covered in flies....but it was so lost and friendly. I wrapped it in a towel and we drove on with it to the nearest farm where the chap there said he would try to trace its owner and ring us if he had luck. We carried on with our day, busily naming it and deciding what it would look like after a good bath lol. I decided on the name Ming (for obvious reasons). The owner was traced though so it was kind of bittersweet for us (unlike the pooch!). :o3

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!