Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • Recently I have been nodding off at my desk due to Chairlift (again), Ladyhawke and Avec Sans gigs. Im hoping to make my mind up about Grimes on Friday.

Id definitely give the Avec sans album a hug if you're after a bit of quiet verse and loud chorus.
    https://youtu.be/k993pVu1TY4
  • Just booked tix to see KT Tunstall in November in Cambridge. Seen her a couple of times and she is witty, musical and a bit of a raconteur. Also down to earth and very approachable.
    Would reccomend her highly if she is appearing near you. A Scottish Poppet!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • PJ Harvey at Eden Project last night with Haloween Jack. Bloody brilliant show. Great band with her playing massive drums, lots of saxophones, vocals etc Wore a lovely black outfit. Eden Project- wow what a venue. Highly recommended for any future music gigs and Goldfrapp should go there again
  • Couldn't get to Pompeii for tonight's Dave Gilmour concert so sitting here watching the Directors Cut of Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii 1971. Fab!
  • Been to Pompeii. I was expecting to be in tears all the way round it but I wasn't. It was so touristy. Thinking about it now though makes me very sad.
    Hey UT- November- I guess we aren't en route to your gig are we? You could drop by and say hello. ( consider that an invite but I guess it wouldn't be logical?!)
  • Have you read "The Dog of Pompeii," Kat?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • No, but I did meet and tickle a few of the real ones. Tell me more...
  • Short story by Untermeyer. Read it.
  • Is it About the poor dog who left that famous tortured cast? I couldn't bear it. Tell me the dog got away and I will.
  • I first read it in fourth or fifth grade. When I would read it to my class, I'd get choked up and turn the reading over to a student.
  • Sounds like I'm going to pass then Iuv..but thanks anyway.
  • OK. But you know where to find me when you change your mind.

And you will change your mind.
  • Tomorrow night, in Braintree, the Floyd Effect. They sound eerily like the real thing.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-07-22 18:46:18

• Seriously, if you like the music of Pink Floyd and this lot come near you, go and see them.
  • The Floyd Effect gig last night was superb. 2nd time I have seen them and their command of the Floyd canon is awesome. They played for 2 1/2 hours last night, with an intermission. The 2nd half is a full rendition of Dark Side of the Moon and I took this video of The Great Gig in the Sky focusing on the vocal performance from the two girls, Tiffany Gore and Kate Harrison. Kate does the 2nd part and this is her first performance in front of a live audience. Interesting use of the hands as they live the emotion of the performance; Tiffany with her fingers on the top,of the mike, Kate using her free hand like she is playing a theramin.
    @KatRobin. They are playing the Gainsborough Arts Centre on the 6th August. You and Cath should go.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-07-24 18:50:17

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!