Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by
  • The Mirror is surprised, so even bad music turns into good music if it makes money?
    Art is art if it sells?

Where do these twisted morals come from? Capitalism is everything?
    What about quality? Artistic integrity?

• folklore said:

Mirrors, if you'd like to have a discussion about Goldfrapp and Tales of Us, go right ahead! Don't just threadshit. :)

I get the impression that is very unlikely to happen while they can hide behind third-person snipes.

I'd have an awful lot more respect for them, even if I completely disagreed with them, if they had come here and talked to us rather than making some grandiose entrance with bluff & bluster preferring to quote lyrics etc rather than engage in conversation.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Mirror is a little disappointed, where are all it's like-minded voices?
    Jaxsbudgie, Corvina, Sartori, Shamie, even the old Carpathian who was up for constructive dialogue?

Where are the people who demanded quality over a few glossy pics?

• Cervus said:

I worry....

that is all....

I did not state what I worried about....people can draw their own conclusions........now that is most definitely all.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Whether music is good or bad is a question of objectivity, not how many units it shifts.

Also referring to yourself in the third person is lame.

Chokka does not like it....
  • If that is all, C, then why the ellipsis?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Mirror said:

Where are the people who demanded quality over a few glossy pics?

in fairness you've said yourself you've only heard a few clips on the internet, so how can you comment on the quality of the new album?

• Mirror said:

Mirror is a little disappointed, where are all it's like-minded voices?

Jaxsbudgie, Corvina, Sartori, Shamie, even the old Carpathian who was up for constructive dialogue?

The irony of the end of that post in the light of your entrance & efforts so far isn't so much funny as a shame.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ping said:

Mirror said:

in fairness you've said yourself you've only heard a few clips on the internet, so how can you comment on the quality of the new album?

Mirror does not comment on the quality - but only worries over the level of one-sided uniform approval of anything the band will do in future.

That, and the fact that the track record doesn't really prove too hopeful.
  • ping thinks its hard to have constructive dialogue with someone who won't even own their own comments
  • iuventus said:

If that is all, C, then why the ellipsis?

That is a very valid point.
    I will go away and think about that. :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Mirror said:

ping said:

Mirror said:

Mirror does not comment on the quality - but only worries over the level of one-sided uniform approval of anything the band will do in future.

That, and the fact that the track record doesn't really prove too hopeful.

ping thinks that as this is clearly a fan forum, its reasonable that the people using it will look forward to new releases. ping (and presumably others) will form full opinions when the album is released in full.

• I happen to like HeadFirst. Moreover, it's disingenuous to call your diatribe constructive. You obviously have only one point to make and have already done so. See... all these people came out to talk to you :)

Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-06-25 21:34:50
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ping said:

ping thinks its hard to have constructive dialogue with someone who won't even own their own comments

It's simple, it goes like this:

Mirror stated some fair comments about the state of the previous album, wondering how it is possible
    that everyone on here seems to blindly ignore something which even the singer herself is embarrassed about.

Mirror merely offered an alternative to all the sucking up that has been going on on here.
    Mirror would happily like to be surprised by the new album - who knows, it might be as good as Grimes? - but Mirror did want to express its concerns over the demise of the band and indeed it's forum and fan base.
  • Mirror said:

ping said:

- but Mirror did want to express its concerns over the demise of the band and indeed it's forum and fan base.

ping would like to thank mirror for their concern over our potentially imminent demise. ping, for one, will attempt to struggle on...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!