Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • When I first met you (in those fruit salad days) d id you not have a fellow frapper with you whose board name was BB, as opposed to Kate who is a smaller version called LB?

Oh I get you now. No not Big Bird. I went with Drew who doesn't frequent this board much now people have moved to FB and Twitter.
    Oh the fruit salads, yummy :D

Well, Drew should, as there is stuff on here that is unavailable on Facemither ( me for example), and for which Twitter, despite its fun, cannot be adequately expressed in 140 characters.
    Seems odd that fans find it ok to not frequent the very forum that is expressly set up by, and for, the band we all support.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Just booked tickets to go and see the 'David Bowie Is' exhibition next February in Groingen, Netherlands.
    Missed it last year in London.
  • Seems odd that fans find it ok to not frequent the very forum that is expressly set up by, and for, the band we all support.

Em this old chestnut - I believe a lot of it is due to the instant technology craving - for example I've uploaded 2 or 3 vids to the FB group with zero hassle - unlike this place where it would have taken all night!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Funny, I have no hassle uploading anything on here. You just have to know how to do it.
  • ^ You've still got to piss about with it rather than a straight forward 'copy and paste' that's what puts me off.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Yes, have to admit it is a chore compared to Twat where you an copy in a picture straight off your hard drive.
    I like a challenge though !
  • John Grant tickets for the November 12th show at the Apollo turned up today. Mrs T noticed they were stalls, standing and said 'standing? I'm too old to stand ' Hah ! Mind you, last time we stood was a Muse gig at the O2 and the mosh pit was a bit rough that night. I have long and pointy elbows though !
    Anyone else going to see John that night?
  • Appy61 said:

^ You've still got to piss about with it rather than a straight forward 'copy and paste' that's what puts me off.

Ah for those of us who remember myspace. I dont miss the faff.
  • Tickets now received for U2 at the end of October and John Grant for mid November.
    Anyone else coming to see John at the Appolo?
  • So, no Goldfrapp gigs for the foreseeable future so what's the next best thing?
    Portishead? Yeah, dream on kiddo !
    Massive Attack? Well, I just bought tickets for a gig at the London Brixton O2 Academy next February from See Tickets.
    A nice end to a pretty shit week !
    :D
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-10-09 16:03:56
  • Of Monsters And Men were here last night. Here´s We Sink:
  • Somehow, this went into the forum netherworld at the time!. duh!
    Sitting in the Byron restaurant at the O2 at the moment taking on some tuck before going in to see that nice Mr Bono and friends from Yew Tew ! Bejabbers !
  • I caught Brazilian Girls over the weekend. Fan-fucking-tastic! They played in an tiny, intimate bar..nice. Sabina came down into the small crowd and danced with us while she sang. The fuck-up part came when she handed the microphone to me to sing, and I didn't know the lyrics! Let's be honest- I was like 5 drinks in. Not sure if I can post a video I took on here- but will try....
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/albums/a596/Shinyicecream/?action=view&current=5f2fb3c3c68a4c27f71d4474630d009a_zpstzw2ohqy.mp4
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-11-09 11:21:08
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • This Thursday, John Grant at the Hammersmith Appolo. Whoop!
  • Finally saw IAMX on Monday at KOKO.

Amazing!!

This wasn't London but best displayed the energy!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!