Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 529 Comments sorted by
  • ... How many of us are there at the moment posting regularly?
    @HJ. Any idea from your position?

Unfortunately not. We used to have access to info regarding frequency of visits, posts etc. But then they nobbled us for some reason.

I pop on here now and again for a look-see, but must admit it's becoming less frequent. I put my hand up to using (too much, probably!) the 2 main social media sites. Twitter has Alison's lovely outpourings. Facebook... well, I do have a fair few non-frappy friends who hang out there, and it's great to keep in touch with them on a daily basis. Within FB is the Goldfrapp group, which is fun. It's "hidden" so can't be seen by the great unwashed Facebook public. But those SM sites lack the whole category/thread structure that benefits forums like this. So it is indeed a shame that more peeps aren't visiting here at the mo :-(
  • Hi ho! Popping in to say hello:)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

Hi ho! Popping in to say hello:)

See you frequently on Twitter M. Nice to see you here as well though.
    Could we pump those peeps who frequent the more common SM sites to still pop on to here occasionally?
    I thought about starting a thread to copy across links to Ali's Twitter postings as not everyone frequents Twitter. I didn't until a few months ago. That way, at least, this forum gets to see some of her latest postings, which is what this place is all about obviously. Happy to do this and keep it up to date.
    What about the FB Goldfrapp page HJ? I do not frequent FB as I find the concept of that site invasive and patronising but Goldfrapp banter is what we all want so can you post some of that stuff on a thread titled something like Goldfrapp on Facebook?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• What about the FB Goldfrapp page HJ? I do not frequent FB as I find the concept of that site invasive and patronising but Goldfrapp banter is what we all want so can you post some of that stuff on a thread titled something like Goldfrapp on Facebook?

I'd be happy to, although TBH the Goldfrapp topics-of-conversation lately have been much the same as here - eg Private Passions and the FM limited release. Non-frappy topics have included things like books & TV series people are currently enjoying. Oh, and non-frapp music ppl are into. I'll be the first to admit it's light-hearted stuff... if you want serious discussion/debate, the forum is still the place for that.
    Having said that, I see Angie P has today prompted a heated exchange about animal-rights/hunting (on her FB profile, not within the frapp group).
  • A_is_A said:

Hi ho! Popping in to say hello:)

<3 <3 <3
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^ xoxoxo What's new and exciting?
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Dead, as usual. You?
  • Haha I feel you bro, I feel you. Happiness is exhausting isn't it;) I'm in a shitty mood today too, if it makes you feel any better.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2015-06-26 15:14:28
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Oh, I'm not feeling poorly at all.

Funny how you living presume yours is the only way 8-X
  • As a sporadic visitor I do find the mechanics of this site to be rather clunky - posting pics and vids is a pain in the arse (in my opinion). I do graze a number of other fields which work better on mobile devises. So perhaps it's a technology thing other than content?
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • PS - just taken me 10 mins to get ^ to post

What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I've never had any trouble just posting written stuff.
    For pics and vids you do need a degree is cussedness though!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Appy61 said:

As a sporadic visitor I do find the mechanics of this site to be rather clunky - posting pics and vids is a pain in the arse (in my opinion). I do graze a number of other fields which work better on mobile devises. So perhaps it's a technology thing other than content?

You should have experienced the old site.  It really was brilliant.  Exceptionally user friendly.  It made it fun to communicate.  It had a brilliant search facility and useful info avialable about each post.  This one's a lemon.
  • There's been a consistent problem for me since the board first opened, where if you accidentally quote another post twice, the blue area that signifies a quote doesn't go away, no matter how much you try to delete it. I guess it's frustrating little things like that which put people off.

• Have you tried going to "my drafts" and deleting?  You don't even have to open the post, just hit the little "x" in the top right-hand corner.  It's clunky but it should work.  Altogether, the whole quote thingy has a lot of bugs.

Oh!  Unless you're talking about after you post.  Yeah, you're screwed, then.  Can't delete the post, can't delete the quote.  I guess you could put something funny in the quotes?  ;)
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2015-06-29 06:20:55

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!