Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 529 Comments sorted by
  • All the others females on here are gay? :O
    Tough crowd.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • By the way, they (missing persons) still graze on this estate. Why, only last month Satori was grazing in the lower field and Keith GMB the month before that. Carpy, sadly, has not been in the park since January and Softlad since late last year.
    Perhaps, if we are really quiet.....
  • Yeah, that's the problem.  This site isn't quiet enough.
  • I don't think many people will return until the arrival of new Goldfrapp music.
    Post edited by Low at 2015-06-21 10:01:20

• Maybe you're right, Low.  But, I really think that something changed drastically between the old GMB and this one.  And, that change is the site itself.  Weird to think that the site has an effect on the conversation but I think it's true.
  • I'd agree there. There used to be so many people posting every day in the old thread but now it's the same 10 people. Seeing myself as the only person online is commonplace now.

• It's wierd. Why graze the pastures but not sniff the other deer once in a while? Deer who are now grazing in another estates altogether I can sort of get but I do think it is odd to continue to interact on, say, a Goldfrapp area on Twitter, but not on a forum specifically set up for that very purpose and actually an extension of the bands own web site.
    Anyway, like everything else in life, you get out what you put in so 10 or 110, always happy and look forward to exchanging views with you good people.
  • Low said:

Seeing myself as the only person online is commonplace now.

Okay, you made me feel guilty.  I had the box checked for being invisible.  It's gone now.  I'm not on that much, but I'll at least show up now.  I just have this mania about my privacy.  Funny thing, the more I think about all of the privacy b.s., the more I'm convinced that it is all b.s.  Why should I care really?
  • I never actually log off Low, and I probably graze this place every day.
    How many of us are there at the moment posting regularly?
    @HJ. Any idea from your position?
    We are the vanguard it seems but we need to keep the place shipshape until the others return.
  • Low said:

Seeing myself as the only person online is commonplace now.

Okay, you made me feel guilty.  I had the box checked for being invisible.  It's gone now.  I'm not on that much, but I'll at least show up now.  I just have this mania about my privacy.  Funny thing, the more I think about all of the privacy b.s., the more I'm convinced that it is all b.s.  Why should I care really?

Though guilt was not my intention I'm glad you made that decision  ;)

I never actually log off Low, and I probably graze this place every day.
    How many of us are there at the moment posting regularly?
    @HJ. Any idea from your position?
    We are the vanguard it seems but we need to keep the place shipshape until the others return.

I do see you on here regularly, Whickwithy posts a lot, as does LuDux, ponygurl, stevil... those are just the names I know off the top of my head from seeing them here everyday. 

• Ummm I'm not gay and am female (well was the last time I looked). Never posted much (various reasons) before but do still cast an eye every now and again.

All the others females on here are gay? :O
    Tough crowd.

• Ummm I'm not gay and am female

Yay!

Never posted much (various reasons) before

Too bad.  Does "before" mean that's going to change?!?!?!?!  Yay, in advance, again!!!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2015-06-23 08:12:18
  • Low said:

Though guilt was not my intention I'm glad you made that decision  ;)

Not to worry (and it seems you aren't).  A better way to put it may be that I've seen the light of the stupidity of worrying about privacy.

Yeah, what seems to be missing (and, also, why I'm not enamoured with the larger social network sites) is a sense of community.  Maybe it's coming back to some extent, but something happened when we changed sites.  There were certainly some people that became terribly offended by actions of others.  There was just a lot of snooty behaviour.  And, one, in particular, while his actions were annoying, weren't so bad as to be hounded as he seemed to be.  If I were to pick one thing, thank goodness HJ finally took care of, that caused the bizarre behaviours, it was the ranking of the number of posts posted per subscriber.  I think the transition to the new site could make a very good study in behavioural mechanisms.  But, then again, I do think too much.
  • Ummm I'm not gay and am female (well was the last time I looked). Never posted much (various reasons) before but do still cast an eye every now and again.

All the others females on here are gay? :O
    Tough crowd.

Didn't think you were Kate (gay, that is as I know you are female). I have no,problem with anyone's chosen sexual pecidillo's. As long as you are happy. Character. That is what marks somone as interesting.
  • Been mulling this thread over. I think it is rather introverted of us to dwell to much on those who do not frequent these fields at the moment. Some do, like Little Bird, and chose not to comment too often. Others are longer term absent and I am sure will return when there is more to get excited about. Until then, we who still graze here owe it to them to make sure the board is still here when they want to return. It is not how many are here, it is the quality of what we post that matters. (Starting to sound Churchillian). Did the Spartans concern themselves with how many guarded the gate at Thermopylae?
    No. They knew they were enough. We are all Spartan !
    I thank you !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!