Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Dreeke said:

Hugo

After a promising start it turned out to be Scorsese gone Disney.... Meh...

i didn't even think it was anything on par with disney, i thought it had to be one of the most boring films ive ever seen. bring me the little mermaid, aladdin, beauty and the beast etc any day over that! :p
  • I was wondering if Hugo was worth watching. How is Sacha in that movie?

I love that guy. LOL
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Limitless is on in a bit on Film4 HD. Haven't seen it before and would really like it to be good based on the idea.

Why do I get the feeling I'm liable to be let down!

There's a pleasant surprise. I loved it. Not a let down in the slightest.

Like Aronofsky's PI meets something Fincher might do.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• Limitless is on in a bit on Film4 HD......

Saw it a while back and it was better than when I expected it to be apart from the ending.  Too many films have an intriguing premise then find they can't go anywhere with it, a fault shared with a fair few Stephen King stories.

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-24 19:35:30
  • softlad said:

The September Issue - A film about 'Vogue' or as it transpires 'Anna Wintour Magazine'.  Fashion and its internal politics, very entertaining.

The Devil Wears Prada - Was always likely that it would turn into a chick flick and unfortunately it transforms into a fully blown one about 40 minutes in.  And Anna Hathaway's love interest in the film looks like Selena Gomez with stubble. Not brilliant.

Weirldy i just watched TDWP, it's ok to just let happen and not think about, and ordered the American DVD of September Issue for the shit ton of deleted scenes. Seen September Issue before and really enjoyed it, apparently the deleted scenes just about match the run time for the movie! Good soundtrack on that one too!
  • rewak said:

Weirldy i just watched TDWP....

Nice one. As you know, a trailer is all you get on the UK release. One of those films where the film finished and I would have liked extras. :-L   The soundtrack had Ladytron and LCD Soundsystem among others.
    Must get 'round to watching 'Notebook on Cities and Clothes' soon.

Dreeke said:

Hugo

After a promising start it turned out to be Scorsese gone Disney.... Meh...

Bought that on Blu-ray purely because it's dirt cheap on Amazon U.K..  Lasted 10 minutes then ejected it. It's currently gathering dust somewhere.
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-24 19:37:36
  • About to watch Stoker. A glass of wine, chocolate figs. What more can one ask for.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • rewak said:

softlad said:

The September Issue - A film about 'Vogue' or as it transpires 'Anna Wintour Magazine'.  Fashion and its internal politics, very entertaining.

The Devil Wears Prada - Was always likely that it would turn into a chick flick and unfortunately it transforms into a fully blown one about 40 minutes in.  And Anna Hathaway's love interest in the film looks like Selena Gomez with stubble. Not brilliant.

Weirldy i just watched TDWP, it's ok to just let happen and not think about, and ordered the American DVD of September Issue for the shit ton of deleted scenes. Seen September Issue before and really enjoyed it, apparently the deleted scenes just about match the run time for the movie! Good soundtrack on that one too!

must try and find a copy of the september issue american version for those deleted scenes. really love that film. totally LOVE grace coddington!
  • Alan said:

I was wondering if Hugo was worth watching. How is Sacha in that movie?

His role reminded me of the silly policeman in Allo Allo.
    Nothing special really.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Saw Man of Steel last week average at best for me i hoped for better but like the emperors new clothes i felt it was lacking that certain something.

• Like Aronofsky's PI meets something Fincher might do.

Some hi praise!

• Like Aronofsky's PI meets something Fincher might do.

Some hi praise!

It doesn't quite pull off as big a punch as that maybe alludes to but style wise it seemed to cover it well.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• must try and find a copy of the september issue american version for those deleted scenes. really love that film. totally LOVE grace coddington!

You can find it on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/September-Issue-Region-Import-NTSC/dp/B002QQ8HAG/
    :) I've started to read Grace's memoir, loved her in the documentary as well!
  • Watched 'Irreversible' with my little sister last night. Had a long discussion after it. Very engaging.
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:39:39
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!