Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Your Goldfrapp Forum username
  • 167 Comments sorted by
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-03-23 10:03:24
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• Yes indeedingtons, that's her; isn't she lovely? 

It's not only Alison and Will that produce noise of great beauty............
  • They have a certain majesty; one of power and potential.
    If memory serves, they weigh around 350 tons ? When they get going, the potential in that mass on the move is indeed impressive.
  • They have a certain majesty; one of power and potential.
    If memory serves, they weigh around 350 tons ? When they get going, the potential in that mass on the move is indeed impressive.

Just over 100, in fact - but then there's whatever you hook on the back, of course.   And they really do sound exceedingly nice....
  • Yep UT our mate Phil drove one of those last year!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Appy61 said:

Yep UT our mate Phil drove one of those last year!

Fine man clearly!
  • Does your passion extend to steam 37?

• Oof, no, 'fraid not!  Steam always seems a bit Daily Mail to me, but I'm sure that's pure prejudice...

PS I'm sad enough to know the first picture is however Grosmont.  Fantastic chippy in Whitby, just down the line. 
  • Never been a train spotter, but the first picture seems full of nostalgia and the 2nd is full of mechanical potential and energy. Steam engines are living, breathing creatures, almost alive. I stood by one in Silverton in the USA, a typical Wild West type with a cow catcher on the front and this had the same charm and energy about it.
    A milestone in human ingenuity.
  • Fair dos, UT. I still remember being told off by Sister Philip in primary school at the age of about five for preferring to draw diesel or electric trains rather than steam ones!   Strangely prescriptive and judgemental at times, some of these Catholic primary schools were......!
  • 37201xoIM said:

Strangely prescriptive and judgemental at times, some of these Catholic primary schools were......!

Hahaha!  How unusual.
  • Thread bump for Gaelen, Turqs and all recent forum joiners (and because this thread has been in the bottom drawers nearly 2 years).
    Where do your board names originate from?
  • Mine originates from Greek/Australian origin meaning 'tranquility' & 'calm'.  It's pronounced Gay-len, a bit like Gaelic.  Most important of all however, is the fact it's my middle name :-)
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Hello! I'm very new to the forum so I guess it's suitable to post here first. I've been reading the board for awhile now so it's very exciting to post here. Thank you ever so much to Urban Tribesman who was more than kind to give me an invite after I asked through email very early in the morning.

Anyways, my name is a nickname I had in grade school my teacher gave me because I always brought in granola bars for a snack and my name is Glen. I think it's pretty corny but I never really came up with a better username. So yeah, very excited to be able to post here during such an exciting time, can't wait for more info!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!