Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by

• The power of patriarchy has been to make maleness feared and to make men feel that it is better to be feared that to be loved. Whether they can confess this or not, men know that just is not true.”
    ― Bell Hooks

“Patriarchy has no gender.”
    ― Bell Hooks, Teaching Critical Thinking: Practical Wisdom

@UT Prove it.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

• Ponygurl said:

“The word ‘sin’ is derived from the Indo-European root ‘es-,’ meaning ‘to be.’ When I discovered this etymology, I intuitively understood that for a [person] trapped in patriarchy, which is the religion of the entire planet, ‘to be’ in the fullest sense is ‘to sin'.”
    ― Mary Daly

Not 'to be' in the infinitive, but 'it is' in the third person. Nor 'it is' in the sense of 'it exists.' Rather, the etymology is infused with the meaning 'it is (so),' as the answer to an accusation. Hence, guilt, and so on.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-02-02 18:58:46
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • @PG. Now you want flowers? Not that this would prove anything except I know a good transatlantic florist.
    What do you want, an affidavit from some of my female friends that I am not a fiend or a sex predator, and that I am good to animals ( I am) and respect the female gender ( which I also do) ?
    Can you prove you are a nice female?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • That's sweet UT, tiger lilies are my favorite. This notion of power and dominance amongst males has to be addressed though. It's insidious. If I'm thinking of solutions to try to save the world from more suffering, I believe I'm more than a nice female. It's a shame that some are so blindly brainwashed to believe that the patriarchy or sexism has served them. With that thinking, there will be a constant battle. True equality...I mean in action rather than word, is the only vision towards peace.

U R I E L
  • You sure you didn't mean to put that on the Jokes page?
  • Are you saying I'll have to become a sniper and take out all of the regressive alpha leaders?! Hahahahahaha! ...hahahahahahahaha!!! Believe me, they're going to eat the tainted meat.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-02-03 16:32:45
    U R I E L
  • There's a better way.

@PG. Pour vous
  • Hey Nick, aren't you ten days early with the flowers ;-)
  • @UT Merci Beaucoup! Beautiful pics UT..really lovely and sweet. (I'll put the Ruger away for now, haha.)

:D
    U R I E L
  • One of the pictures was entitled 'Flowers for a fierce lady'. If the cap fits.....
    mon plaisir PG
  • Brilliant! Was an utterly boring day for a Saturday then Alison liked an Instagram photo of mine! Now I can't sleep and stop smiling.
  • I feel good.
    It's funny because it took me quite a long time to adapt to living in France. And since I came back to classes in December, I've felt very laid-back and like I have more time to do things. I haven't even been as stressed as I usually am... it's so weird!

:)
  • caro said:

I feel good.

It's funny because it took me quite a long time to adapt to living in France. And since I came back to classes in December, I've felt very laid-back and like I have more time to do things. I haven't even been as stressed as I usually am... it's so weird!

:)

That's good to hear, Caro.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!