Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Listen Iuv, there literally isn't enough thread space to include the pictures of male tyrants and the destruction they have garnered. History has made everything terribly obvious. I need not go on about it.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • That looks like a pearl necklace around Maggie's throat.
    I wonder if that ever happened? If it did, more respect to Denis.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Like I said....there is not enough thread space to display all the male tyrants throughout History and the Destruction they have created. Every time the World has a chance to evolve, fucked up men will destroy it again. I'm not saying ALL men...only the ones who are insecure.
    U R I E L
  • It's just a common truth. Obvious.
    U R I E L
  • Cause & Effect versus Correlation, or something...
  • I thought you wouldn't get the point, PG.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2015-02-01 19:34:29
  • That looks like a pearl necklace around Maggie's throat.

Dont worry, I'm sure you'll get your pearl necklace someday too UT..you needn't worry about that.

Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-02-02 18:44:20
    U R I E L
  • “Emotional neglect lays the groundwork for the emotional numbing that helps boys feel better about being cut off. Eruptions of rage in boys are most often deemed normal, explained by the age-old justification for adolescent patriarchal misbehavior, "Boys will be boys." Patriarchy both creates the rage in boys and then contains it for later use, making it a resource to exploit later on as boys become men. As a national product, this rage can be garnered to further imperialism, hatred and oppression of women and men globally. This rage is needed if boys are to become men willing to travel around the world to fight wars without ever demanding that other ways of solving conflict can be found.”
    ― Bell Hooks
    U R I E L

• “The word ‘sin’ is derived from the Indo-European root ‘es-,’ meaning ‘to be.’ When I discovered this etymology, I intuitively understood that for a [person] trapped in patriarchy, which is the religion of the entire planet, ‘to be’ in the fullest sense is ‘to sin'.”
    ― Mary Daly
    U R I E L
  • “Visionary feminism is a wise and loving politics. It is rooted in the love of male and female being, refusing to privilege one over the other. The soul of feminist politics is the commitment to ending patriarchal domination of women and men, girls and boys. Love cannot exist in any relationship that is based on domination and coercion. Males cannot love themselves in patriarchal culture if their very self-definition relies on submission to patriarchal rules. When men embrace feminist thinking and practice, which emphasizes the value of mutual growth and self-actualization in all relationships, their emotional well-being will be enhanced. A genuine feminist politics always brings us from bondage to freedom, from lovelessness to loving.”
    ― Bell Hooks
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

That looks like a pearl necklace around Maggie's throat.

Dont worry, I'm sure you'll get your pearl necklace someday too UT..you needn't worry about that.

Oh! still with the hostility PG. And you always on about men and their hostility. Some of us are quite nice actually, if you just get to know us

:)
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-02-02 18:50:07
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!