Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
It's BACK! The highly unofficial,annual Goldfrapp"All things Halloween,pumpkin & costume pic thread"
  • 87 Comments sorted by
  • A_is_A said:

@URban_Tribesman That's a HElluva spread! I would have enjoyed that last night. The pumpkin vomit look's especially erm appetizing;) I ate nothing but candy all day.

That brain blancmange was absolutely gorgeous M. It was a recipe off of a BBC Food website and used 400g of white chocolate as part of the mix. Yum !
    Trouble is, we now have a full sized brain jelly mould in the cupboard and when can you use that again apart from next Halloween? I may think of the most inappropriate place to get it out again. Christmas? A kid's christening? A bar mitzvah? A briss! Brilliant.
    I'm not Jewish by the way, in case anyone was wondering.
    Any other suggestions for the most inappropriate function or event to use it again?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • @UT What a disturbing spread UT..I however looove black pasta- was it squid ink pasta?! Mmm..squid ink linguini, grilled shrimp and truffle oil- Fantastico. Your wife is very creative!

@A_is_A Omg, how adorable! I know it's weird to say Siamese twins are adorable- but you girls are freakishly cute! Guess I need to start watching the show :P

Church Street Station last night
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-11-01 20:25:18
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I know, PoGu! I'm totally in love with Miriam now. Just her half though.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^Hee-hee funny that.
    Great picture Pony! Who's the lady with the great guns?!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Ponygurl said:

@UT What a disturbing spread UT..I however looove black pasta- was it squid ink pasta?! Mmm..squid ink linguini, grilled shrimp and truffle oil- Fantastico. Your wife is very creative!

It was indeed squid ink PG. Not something I have had before. It gave the pasta a rather distinctive smell and a delicate, but unusual flavour. Not my favourite but good fun. The picture of the portion on the plate with the single eye looking up (mozzarella balls with black olive irises) does look like road kill.
    Mrs T is indeed very creative. Art, food, garden, fabrics, it doesn't matter. Not the most organised person but that sometimes goes with the territory. I will send you a PM with a link to follow.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-11-02 17:50:06
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Two chamber performances this weekend:

1) Changing the Face of Death, featuring piano and Welsh baritone. Six monologues following a man through the death experience; from Jedermann by Hugo von Hoffmansthal; music by Frank Martin.

2) The Diva and the Direktor: Passion and Betrayal in the House of the Strauss, featuring the same. A charming confluence of the lieder and letters (and  Krämerspiegel) of Richard Strauss, ending with "Allerseen," Op 10, No 8 ("All Souls' Day").

I was invited to a private Saturday night performance by the same artists featuring songs of fear, ghostliness, and death. I turned it down, as I felt like I was invited out of pity by one of the musicians. I simply didn't want to intrude on a private function of someone I don't know. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall though.
  • That sounds like a really interesting event! You should've gone! If one of the musicians invited you it's much more likely that it's because they felt that it was appropriate as opposed to your pity hypothesis. Shame you missed out.

Oh well, October's come and gone and the wheel it keeps on turning! Maybe I'll find a away to dig up this thread next time as opposed to starting a new one. Thanks for adding all your cool photos and stories y'all! It's nice to see that some folks are still around when you want to chat.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-11-03 23:32:28
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Don't shame me.
  • :P ;)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I went with simplicity this year. A darker theme than usual. The misunderstood hero...

• Aww very cute! I especially like the lighting:) Lighting, much like perspective, is everything!!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-11-04 16:54:31
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • You ain't just whistlin' Dixie. One year, a b/f and I nabbed a small blissmiss tree from somewhere, hung pine cones on it, suspended it a few feet off the floor, and lit candles at various levels beneath it. The room was a collage of shadowy branches and cones. It was magical.
  • Pictures please.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Oh, honey, they didn't even have cameras in those days.
  • Hahaha, I believe you. I remember those days:) anyway, it sounds glorious. Some of my fondest childhood memories are Christmas Eve, sitting mesmerized by the tree, where my mother had installed a lighting wheel (very rudimentary, by today's standards) which would throw shifting hues of color onto the tree and corners of the room. It would even make a certain rickety gears, oldtimey noise, as it slowly shifted colors. I found the whole thing really soothing.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-11-04 17:22:37
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!