Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
It's BACK! The highly unofficial,annual Goldfrapp"All things Halloween,pumpkin & costume pic thread"
  • 87 Comments sorted by
  • I had one of those, and a spinning stand, for my aluminum tree. I used to collect vintage blissmiss shit. It was crazy. One year, I had seven trees. It took until April to get it all down and put away.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Aha! You were one of those:) I'm telling you, people just love collecting things. Life is about obsessions, what else is there;)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • My friends and family thought I was planning to commit suicide when I started giving it all away. Apparently, that's a common warning sign. There was nearly an intervention.
  • This evening's affair: @caro @Ponygurl @A_is_A

The Urn Carrying Messages and Prayers for the Dead Skyward

Flam Chen with Odaiko Sonora

Over-sized Puppet Effigy Things

More Over-sized Puppet Effigy Things

Somos Amigos

Calavera Vaquero

Yo en frente del árbol más grande de la ciudad

Post edited by iuventus at 2014-11-10 23:38:23
  • Quite a spectacle! Nice make-up Mr. Cowboy Skull- did you send a message or prayer skyward? Btw, I loved your Halloween display- darkly enchanting.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • No. I don't believe in the Abrahamic deity and its celestial palace. You may continue to love my un-holy day display. It runs from Hallowe'en through the New Year with an emphasis on the Solstice (hence, the light and globe).

Post edited by iuventus at 2014-11-10 23:41:36
  • WOW, fantastic photos J!l
     Looks like a really wild party. MAC worthy make-up :D
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-11-11 19:28:56
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • The procession was a spectacle indeed. Besides the participants, I was amazed at the number of bystanders lining the roads and bridges as we passed through town.

The finale, however, was poorly executed. The performance was something that should have been seen at close range, but the closest spectators stood a good footbal field's width away. As tiny as they look in the photo they appeared in person. I understand the solemnity that accompanies the holiday, but the performance really dragged on and the music was too repetitive and, well, kind of annoying. There's nothing inappropriate about a little foot stomping after a quiet, reverent moment.

That said, I'd do it again and again, but with less anticipation for the finale. One of the funnest parts was putting our costumes together. If my date hadn't been so lazy about it, we could have accomplished much more. Next year, I'll start earlier.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-11-12 02:27:28
  • Halloween is officially over, now.  Hartley's Monster Jelly Shocking Lemon and Slime has returned to being plain old Lemon and Lime.  *sigh*

Post edited by Pet at 2014-11-15 14:58:00
  • Hallowe'en is never over.
  • iuventus said:

Hallowe'en is never over.

Hartley's jellies seem to have a different idea.
    Post edited by Pet at 2014-11-15 17:51:12
  • Jelly schmelly! Easter will be here before you know it, and that's just a pastel version of All Hallows' Eve.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!