Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
It's BACK! The highly unofficial,annual Goldfrapp"All things Halloween,pumpkin & costume pic thread"
  • 87 Comments sorted by
  • First off, both you girls carved some scarey-ass pumpkins...and I would be afraid to run into either of you in a dark hallway. Second, WOW, pretty damn cool. Third, why the fuck am I up at 6:25 am?
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Miley Cyrus is sick! I mean, VisualF's pumpkin "Cyrus". Thanks for the tip on tools by the way! I may have to invest in some of those Zombie cutters for next time.
    I went to a really fun haunted house last night. They did a really good job with it. It was staged at a place called Jungle Island. First they made you walk a quarter mile thru a dark, creepy forest while being chased by zombie's and wild animal's.
    Then you get to the actual (10,000sq ft) "Haunted House"
    It was old school fun! I loved it.
    No pictures were allowed and besides it was ridiculously dark, but here's a vine right before we walked into the house of horrors.
    Speaking of...UT the pictures from your work sight at ye' o'l looney bin are creepy for real!!
    Anyway, here's the vine:

https://vine.co/v/OMFxlUmeKHl

Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-10-30 20:17:19
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • :)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Old Tucson Studios, where they filmed many an old western, including TV shows--even Little House on the Prairie--does a whole ghost town do in the weeks leading up to Hallowe'en. There are a number of rides, three haunted houses, a magic show, a comedy show, and a live-action fight/motorcycle/pyrotechnics show in the big rodeo arena. That's in addition to the ghost town set-ups, food venders, shops, and a gaggle of ghouls dressed up and wandering the grounds (often chasing the ladies about).

http://nightfallaz.com/
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Well I've been sick as a dog and trying to avoid my adult responsibilities- so I painted a pumpkin tonight. It turned out like crap, so I lit candles around it trying to spruce it up. It's supposed to be from "Stranger" ..I'm just glad I didn't set off the fire alarm- (now let's see if I can get this photobucket bullshit to work)
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    U R I E L
  • Heeee my first ever attempt at posting a picture.......wish me luck

• It worked! This is my 'Oogie Boogie' pumpkin - carved last night :D
  • ^ Nice work you guys!!! Creative too! I love these both and just in time for the big day:) I have to go out again before dark and get more candy. Halloween starts early at my house and it looks like we've eaten our way thru most our stash of goodies to give away. Typical.

P.s The mask and candles was a nice touch Pony, a little bit Eyes Wide Shut.
    -Iuv, Tuscan studios sounds like fun, take me:)

Hope you all have a spooky night! :) Happy Halloween!!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-10-31 07:06:40
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I haven't carved a pumpkin in years. Looking at this thread is making me reconsider  :P

• @LittleBird I love it! It's like "How the Grinch Stole Halloween" 8-X

@A_is_A Funny that you mention "Eyes Wide Shut" haha! I had just watched "Room 237" (which is hilarious- I mean I find subliminal things in Kubrick films too..but seriously?) I'm sure it was an influence :)

Come on then, anymore pumpkins?! Ping?! Happy Halloween Deers....mwhahahaha, ha!
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-10-31 10:49:27
    U R I E L
  • Well, it's been a strange night at Arboria tonight, or Bide-a-Wee Rest Home as it was renamed for the night.
    We had old bony guarding the porch

And this was Pumpkin No 1 Mrs T carved in a traditional style

Then the food started, all prepared by Mrs T, domestic Goddess !
    Starters - Pumpkin No 2 was a bit unwell. He seems to have barfed up Guacamole and humous |!

Then main course.  Black spaghetti bolagnese with 'eyeball' sides

Then dessert.  White chocolate blancmange brains with raspberry coulis.  Yum.  One victim diner said it was the best dessert she had ever tasted.

Finally, a cheese grave yard, with brocolli trees and bushes.

Guests were a zombie, a scary clown zombie, a vampire, a vampirilla, and Valeria and Orlando Watt. Oh and a black Hound of the Baskervilles.
    We ate and drank too much and laughed till we nearly pissed ourselves.  A great night !

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-10-31 21:12:07
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • @caro Trader Joe has tons of Mexican marigolds on their patio. I might grab some if they go on super sale after the holiest of days. The good news is that I picked up two decent-sized pumpkins for $2.99 BOGO. Might make some custard or summat.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • @URban_Tribesman That's a HElluva spread! I would have enjoyed that last night. The pumpkin vomit look's especially erm appetizing;) I ate nothing but candy all day.
    @Iuventus I saw this short film on Dia De Los Muertos yesterday, I think you'll like it. It's by Charles Eames and his wife Ray:
    http://youtu.be/YJZf-2fLpGM
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-11-01 12:54:57
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Here are a few photos from last night. The outfit was American Horror Story FreakShow inspired: SiameseSisters

Halloween 2014 SiameseSisters photo image_zpsfd1e3663.jpg
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!