Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 114 Comments sorted by
  • Seriously, if you are reading this, you have a vote and have not yet cast it, read this:

Argentina

"In four days, we will know whether this perfect storm was just a passing breeze, or if Great Britain should prepare itself to take its place in the coffers of history alongside the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, and so many other old broken states" - Martin Rodriguez Yebra, La Nacion newspaper

Argentina wants Scotland to break away from the United Kingdom so as to weaken it.  I am sure this has nothing to do with the Falklands !!

FFS, does no one else see how pathetically transparent this all is?  The only people in the outside world who have shown any glimmer of supporting a yes vote are those that wish to diminish our standing in the world ( Agentina and North Korea) and those who want to use the example to their own ends (Catalonia and I include Salmond in this sad group as well)

Even China, with its famed supporting of human rights thinks splitting the Union up is a bad idea.  You reap what you sow people, just remember that!

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Otherwise known as Be Careful What You Wish For.

I'd call Salmond's views on finances "voodoo economics" except that no self-respecting loa-fearing vodouist would spout that level of rubbish.

Can't quite see Salmond retiring from politics to swan around, I think he would be up for agitating for another referendum, and sabotaging the careers of anybody who tried to bring the Barnet Formula back to the realm of sanity.

If yes - well, it will all go pearshaped in the negotiation period (and don't forget there's a general election between now and then to make it go even more pear-shaped) so he will have to be on air constantly blaming other people, as reality begins to bite for the Scots.

Unlike Neil Kinnock, or Cathy Ashton, I think he can forget all about being nominated for a nice EU cushy number
  • There is a small part of me that wants them to vote yes, just so that little fat tosser is forced to accept at some point that he cannot have the pound, and Scotland be viewed as a sovereign nation ( Bank of England decides to devalue the pound - sovereign Scotland has no say and is royally fucked) and when he 'remembers' that Spain, saying they will not support fast track EU status and Scotland will have to accept the Euro as a condition of membership - no opt out, that they cannot just ignore it and say others will grant them membership. Spain is one of the countries with a veto on membership applications you twat !
    So, in reality, a win win. A No vote and the smug minger has to eat humble pie or a Yes vote and after a period of swaggering arrogance, reality kicks in and he realises he has no answers, no pound and EU membership means a 5 year application period and having the Euro.
    Sweet. Revenge is a dish best served cold ( I am Klingon by the way). Kapla !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-09-18 18:25:06
  • Revenge is a dish best never served, UT.

No matter who you feed it to, no matter how, the cook is always the one who ends up with indigestion.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I just heard that 54% of the Scots voted in favour of the Union. Well - congrats to everyone that is in favour of keeping the Union together.

I wonder how this will effect other regions in Europe that are after independence - like the Catalans, the Basques, the North of Italy and even the Friesians here up north. In all honesty, when you look at the real troubles in the world at this moment, like the Ebola crisis, it seems clear to me that we should have a strong international commmunity that can react and intervene in human catastrophies quickly and effectively. So now that the referendum is dealt with, can our political leaders please focus on the really important matters of life, in stead of trying to pay as less as possible to the EU and extracting as many funds from it as possible at the same time??
  • Really? I'm online waiting to know. That's great!!!!!!!
  • Oops...I forgot I have a TV!

Sanity prevails- just!! Phew.....but Mr Darling...your first job has to be- ban the bagpipes. \:D/
  • I was prepared for a Yes vote.  Seems a shame to waste it.
    Mr Salmond.  This is what 55% of Scottish people have saved you ( and the 45% of your mates), from.
    You stacked the deck as far as who could vote heavily in your favour (16 year olds - like they were ever going to vote for the status quo - or any other 70's band ), you promised people the earth without a scooby of how you were going to deliver on them, you demonised the other side and accused them of all kind of dirty tricks when all they asked you for was what was your plan B and you rubbished the relative peace and prosperity that this fine partnership of states had achieved in 307 years - and you still lost !  Time to find that revolver and carry out the act you were practising for last week in an earlier picture.
    You lucky bastard; this is what you have been saved from:
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-09-19 09:40:00
  • That's funny UT. Sigh....seems like it's just us in this debate now. And now it's ended, well I think we need to talk about something of equal international importance...so, will Miley Cyrus go to jail for insulting Mexicans by twerking against their flag.?

I was taking the piss outta the media ( and her) there, not any crestfallen Scots. When will this country grow up....
  • I like that map. Can we do one for the delusional Plaids/Welsh Nats? Or would it just be cottages on fire?

BTW Salmond has just resigned as First Minister, and as leader of the Scots Nats. Didn't see that coming: I thought they'd have to prise those levers of power from his cold dead hands.

In more important news - can somebody please explain how you twerk against a flag? Or does that belong in the NSFW thread?
  • Yeah, just watching the news about Mr Salmond. Hope they have him on suicide watch tonight. I wonder if he remembers where he left that revolver?
    What next? Think I will turn my fire on the rest of the Westminster rabble. They hardly covered themselves in glory. It's a rum do when you have to credit Gordon Brown as probably being the saviour of the United Kingdom. Go Gordo ! <:-P
    Politics has become too centre weighted. No-one is offering anything different. It's time for a change!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-09-19 19:12:22
  • Oh I'll bring him the bottle of brandy. I mean, finest whisky. I have the strange feeling he honestly didn't see it coming.

Gordon Brown ... what can you say. The man used to be one of those history finals questions that wrote itself ("Gordon Brown: worse as PM or Treasurer?" sort of thing.) And now here's a second one ("Gordon Brown: was his finest moment the Scottish independence referendum or staying out of the euro?")

Cameron was astonishingly complacent in allowing the referendum to take place, in not mounting any kind of effective fight until very late in the day, and in not setting out what the implications of independence were. You can't even write him off as a PR-obsessed git anymore, since he's so obviously very bad at it. I do wonder how long he's going to last now.
  • Oh, I think the rot has well and truly set in. Dark forces are girding their loins and sharpening their knives as we speak.
  • Love it! Finally, something real is going to happen.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Em - there is a school of thought that Cameron and Co kept out of it as it would have swung the Yes vote - their intel suggested the SNP had no chance until it was whipped up by the media and they panicked! Anyhoo Salmond failed to split the union but managed to split Scotland straight down the middle.

Mr Darling...your first job has to be- ban the bagpipes. \:D/

Had a bloke playing the bagpipes outside the office all afternoon - couldn't find the blunderbuss to eradicate said cacophony.

Apparently the Ruskies are claiming foul and the vote was rigged!

What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!