Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Royal Albert Hall - 18 Nov 2014
  • 497 Comments sorted by
  • Understood...well, if it helps to ease the pain, like I said us two can't go. We are moving house :)>- fingers crossed, and that will probably coincide. And the small matter of work. But happy vibes from me to anyone who can go. You lucky buggers!
  • oh nice. a qick think at lunch time.

Greenwich was never the only London date it was a seporate one that was listed as a only London date to shift tickets. as I wouldnt have gone to both possibly. Its not up to the band how gigs are listed/quoted as. its just business. They dont want to lie to us but its not their descision. When any band announce a UK tour they often leave the London gig to be announced later on. Not sure why always but its common.

Somoene said about them not doing much tour in North America. Do you know how much the VISAs cost alone? I wont go into it.

THESE FLIPIN TICKETS ALWAYS GO ON SALE AT 9AM when im at work FFS. Itl prob be sold out before lunch time.  9am? Ejits. Clearly ticket sellers convience not mine. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh another seated gig. um ok. Ill prob go  anyway ;)

also, stop bickering. Imagine when they split up..................

*runs*

• thathurt said:also, stop bickering. Imagine when they split up..................
    *runs*

Why would you even
    THINK that?! aaarrrggghhh....  :-((
  • "Touring steals your life" - Sister Bliss 2004 . That's why . And it's a 'gamble' on selling enough tickets (please no perceived "they'll sell out dates everywhere for sure") even more so since this albums material isn't "wabble wousing anthems" time . That gamble could bankrupt them . I have the same opinion I always have , the band (Al and Will) know best - they pay the bills after all .

In better news , I could be hit by a bus tomorrow .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

the band (Al and Will) know best - they pay the bills after all .

In better news , I could be hit by a bus tomorrow .

Agreed. they've both been in the business for a while, they really do need to be given some credit for knowing what they're doing to achieve the goals and aims they have in mind. (which may not be the same aims/goals others see for them)

Make sure you've got clean pants on sartori.
  • My neighbour accused me of stealing her clothes off her line , I almost shit her pants .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • There are fans who will be delighted that Goldfrapp have decided to do ‘Tales of Us’ in its entirety,  especially with an orchestra and the Royal Albert Hall as the venue. Those people will undoubtedly be in for a real treat, unfortunately I don’t count myself amongst their number.  
    There are certainly whole Goldfrapp albums that I would more than happily sit through live however ‘Tales of Us’ isn’t one of them. Add in the price of seats with a decent view and it’s with a heavy heart that I’ll be giving this one a miss.  All the best to those going though - keep the moshing to a minimum!

Oh and here's some photos I took when they played the Royal Albert Hall 25/06/2008.
    *cues up 'The Way We Were'*
    Post edited by softlad at 2014-08-26 09:10:09
  • I've booked a hotel nearby already for me and my parents :) can cancel if I'm not able to get tickets. Hope the pre-sale means we get pick of the best seats......
  • What really hurts is that I'll miss Will on stage? Sobs into bubble wrap ( there's a lot of it about here). I'd give my right hoof to be able to go...
  • This is wonderful news! If I hadn't seen the very same show in NYC last year, I'd be booking a flight now.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • The pre sale is already open if you have a code. .. which I don't... grrrr
    "The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." - Leonardo da Vinci

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/howard.trigg
    INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/howiet1971/
  • Anyone else got a code. Still waiting .... :(
    Music Junkie
  • It doesn't seem to do anything yet.

It just says "Presale commences on Wednesday, 27 Aug 2014 at 9:00 AM"

• It is not open, code does not unlock anything. Still 9am tomorrow.
    Post edited by alex_f at 2014-08-26 11:38:54
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Here's the ticket prices minus a few pence.

Grand Tier £57. Loggia £56 . 2nd Tier £55 . Arena Stalls £46 . Circle £44
    Music Junkie

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!