Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Royal Albert Hall - 18 Nov 2014
  • 497 Comments sorted by
  • They will play London RAH on 18th November!!! Yipeeee!!!

Www.seetickets.com
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2014-08-26 04:15:53
    Music Junkie
  • Royal Albert hall gig November the 18th....that's the news
  • OK presale is tomorrow so can go do some work now....
  • Hello deers, 

We are pleased to announce that we are performing a very special one-off show on Tuesday, November 18th with the London Contemporary Orchestra at London’s legendary Royal Albert Hall.  We’ll be playing our album ’Tales Of Us’ in full plus other favourites alongside a 20-piece orchestra and choir.

Members of our mailing list, were offering a first chance to nab tickets for this very special evening before anyone else as part of an exclusive fan pre-sale that takes place tomorrow (Weds Aug 27).

The general sale begins on Friday, Aug 29th also at 9am here.

We’ve had an incredible year sharing ‘Tales Of Us’ with you all.
    We hope you’ll join us at the Royal Albert Hall to celebrate our final
    show of the year. X!

• Ahhh, The Albert Hall on a Tuesday 18th Nov. I'm at work and miles away :(
    At least I got to Greenwich : )
  • This is quite possibly the best news I've had since, well, ever. I really thought Thursday would be the last time for years. I'm so happy!
    I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
    A song of hooves playing loud
  • Rah for the RAH! Ok yah!

I shall do my bestest to be there!
  • Wonder if Angie will be back? Need to know which side to book tickets......
  • Why the fuck did they not announce this BEFORE I spent all my money travelling to Greenwich?! Seriously?! :(

Screw them. Wake me up when the next album is out!
  • For everyone who came down to our @GreenwichMusicT show on Thurs, I hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as we did. If you couldn’t make it, we have some very exciting live news coming next Tuesday at 9am. Make sure to subscribe at http://goldfrapp.com/subscribe

I will accept bets that this will help no one who couldn't make it to the Greenwich show. I'll actually be in London just a few days before this so perhaps i'm bitter...
  • Minsku said:

Why the fuck did they not announce this BEFORE I spent all my money travelling to Greenwich?! Seriously?! :(

I'd imagine that contractually they couldn't.  Greenwich was subtitled their only london gig of the year.  The same thing happened with Glastonbury/Download/Metallica... they couldn't be announced as a Glastonbury headliner until a certain time after Download tickets had been on sale. 

Think the biggest pain for most is that it's payday on Thursday... 
  • Ah...sorry you're annoyed Minsku. I don't really understand you tho- why would the AH gig have been better for you?
    I haven't received the email yet, but hey ho. Lighten up everybody! I can't see me and Catherine going to this gig anyway- guess we've spent a good £500 on box sets, 2 gigs, cinema event, travelling expenses, merch already, but every penny well spent. I know some will have spent a whole lot more, inc you Minsku.
    You can't please everybody all of the time...
    I hope your journey back home was / will be a good one. X
  • UT - the reason I don't really use this message board any more is, for me, the purpose of the board was to meet like minded people whom I can share a love of a great band with. Now, I've found those people and don't really need the board to meet more because I will be introduced to them through association or I now meet them on Twitter. I come back when there's a gig to introduce myself to new people whom I may get to meet at the gig, so I'm not some random stranger.

I really don't want to get into a big debate about this, I don't think 'just Twitter' is the answer. But I'd disagree that everyone on here is a 'premier' fan (a term I don't agree with, to me a fan is a fan and they're all welcome to have a drink with me at a y time).

Let's just agree to disagree. We all have our own thoughts on things.

OK, ok. Sorry to come across like a stalker. I probably could not climb those fences anymore anyway. Within a nanosecond of being announced on Twitter it was reposted on here anyway, so a moot point.
    Just put it down to a real passion for all things Goldfrapp!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Minsku said:

Think the biggest pain for most is that it's payday on Thursday... 

Hopefully there should still be some decent tickets left after tomorrow - I'm praying. Really don't want to be super far away like at Greenwich.....
    I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
    A song of hooves playing loud
  • Minsku said:

Why the fuck did they not announce this BEFORE I spent all my money travelling to Greenwich?! Seriously?! :(

Probably because the Greenwich publicity said 'Goldfrapp's only London gig this year'.........

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!