Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • Excellent,bloody excellent gig!!!
    Just some quick notes before bed.Arrived at venue at 3.15pm Parked no problem.Alex already there.Tweety arrived no long after.Will arrived in a beaten up old car.Trying to find entrance to venue as all doors were shut.I kindly directed him where to go and he went in the opposite direction! Band were soundchecking for quite a while so went and got some refreshments.
    Bloody cold for June! Doors open dead on 7.30pm and band on 8.20pm.No support.Me and Alex right at the front,dead centre.Before coming on,over the PA Alison very kindly asked us not to use flash when taking piccies,which everyone adheared to.
    Alison and band all dressed in black.Very smart.Angie,Davie,Charlie and Alex (guitarist on 7th Tree) and new drummer,who was very good.Alison was wearing some very sexy shoes with a clear,perspex heel.She has such dainty feet!
    Will was off stage fiddling with synth during first track,Lovely Head,then disappeared,probably to mixing desk.
    Great track list.A & E was on it but wasn't played.Little Bird was epic.Good mix of tracks from all albums except Head First which only had Shiny and Warm played.
    Alison said she was very nervous tonight but she needn't have been.Her voice is still as awesome as ever.
    That'll do for now.Hope everyone got back safely from whence they came.
    G'night.

• Wow! So glad everyone had such a groovy time...
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Really shocked they played Koko and Slide in! Very surprised. Clearly they're not afraid off delving back into older material that wasn't performed live as often! 
  • Train Clip , note drummer banging sticky things

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Um mm. I'm in my hotel. I can't cope. That's all from me for now. MORE TOMORROW WHEN I RECOVER.
  • Alison and band join the stage , people clap , there is happiness ...but not the song , thank feck (that was later)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-24 09:26:19
  • All of my pics (the "good" ones anyway) are in the other thread - at the top on a slideshow but I`ll add one more here which I like -

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-23 20:37:11
  •  I also noticed that "Shiny and Warm" pinches borrows the bass and drum line from Devo`s "Through With Being Cool" .

The set was refined to within an inch of its life , it fitted perfectly and flowed just right , I have noted before that I thought the band in some ways brought on talking by playlist choices , but tonights set was just ass-kicking-tastic . 

As I have mentioned a few times - I hate Happiness only a slight less than Celine Dion , so I can`t quite understand why I love Caravan Girl um..
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-23 20:43:24
  • So, guys, how was it?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • what a completely fierce playlist...except for caravan which would have been a great bathroom break
  • You didn't say that.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • look, i just want a god damnned single

• finally home! had to stop for a sleep in the car on the way, which was bloody uncomfortable!! can't really add much to what everyone else has said, it really was a super gig and I loved the set, started slow and really built to a gushing climax :D great to see so many GMBers old and new and see you all again soon x
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-06-24 01:48:52
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Thank you to everyone who has posted after the show. It looked fantastic. Alison looks more gorgeous than ever :) You lucky people!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!