Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • You haven't had guacamole 'til you've had mine.

Did you know that here they consider it normal to mash it up with cottage cheese, bagged shredded cheddar, and CANNED jalapeños? Usually not in restaurants though; just the typical homemade. It's truly disgusting. I call it 'ghettomole.'
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-07-31 00:28:20
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Haha! How do make yours?! I make mine with a bit of fresh diced tomato, crushed garlic, chopped cilantro, a touch of lime juice and ripe avacados. Sometimes I'll put a little red onion or jalapeños in.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Same, but with diced red onion, serrano or habanero chiles, sea salt, and a drizzle of extra Miriam olive oil. Plus, I leave my aguacates in good-sized chunks and sometimes sprinkle a little cayenne or super hot New Mexico chile powder.
  • And LOVE.
  • Mmmmmmm, sounds heavenly! Oh yes, how could I forget about sea salt?! Does Miriam mean Virgin? Was that a mistake? I'll have to eat it gently then.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-07-31 01:37:55
    U R I E L
  • Mistake? Ha!

Lie maybe, but not a mistake.

Oh, and I just got back from the grocery store with a bottle of tequila to make a mango-rita!
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-07-31 01:46:20
  • Incredibly nervous and excited at the same time after finding out (not that I forgot) I'll be going to London soon and attend a certain concert of a certain band just a few days later. 
    :)
    Post edited by Anoukvdm at 2014-08-02 13:03:12
  • All the following is about the picture posted on the prior page ( this site is so frustrating sometimes!!)
    I like when they make it table side, they do that at all the fancier Mexican restaurants here. The Mexican local Mexican fare is alright here, but not nearly as good as it is in LA. That Mangorita looks scrumptious! And calorie packed dammit.

p.S.

You'll be alright Anouka, I'm sure of it. worry not:)
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-08-05 17:17:43
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Tableside margaritas? Why?

I'm sure most mangoritas are usually packed with sugar for a good calorie boost. Mine, however, are made with just fresh fruit and freshly squeezed juices. If I have it prepared, I'll use whole leaf white tea as a base.

I'd imagine that your area's specialty is Cuban cuisine.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-08-05 17:25:15
  • I think she meant table-side guac, made with stone mortar and pestle. I love making margaritas the old fashioned way. I mix fresh squeezed lime juice, tequila, and sugar in the raw together..then shake it with some ice. I'm not even sure if that's the "proper" mix of ingredients, but WOW- muy delicioso.
    U R I E L
  • It's called a molcajete. I have several of them that I use to grind tough roots when making salves or tinctures. I prefer to make my waka in a glass bowl. I hate when they make it at the table. I feel like shouting, "Get your aproned crotch and sausage fingers out of my face and go cook in the kitchen! There's a reason we used to chain our women in there in the good ol' days." Besides, I don't need my glasses splashed with various vegetable juices.

Margaritas should have some sort of orange liquor: Grand Marnier, Cointreau, Curaçao, or Triple Sec. I also leave any sugar for the next morning's coffee. The best recipe is equal parts tequila, lime juice, and Grand Marnier. I'm embarrassed for the bartender that is forced to use sour mix (i.e., Country Time lemonade) instead.

If you want to turn it into a Mexitini, add one part vodka, pour it into a chilled martini glass, and garnish with a slice of orange, an jalapeño, and a sprig of cilantro.

As with guacamole, such drinks should be prepared away from the table, where I'll be discussing delicate matters ($$) with the my john date.
  • Feeling very maternal and motherly today, nursing my dawg. He went for a dental polish yesterday, with bad gum problems ( his breath was making the milk in the fridge go off! #-o )
    A few hours later I came back several £s lighter (!) and the poor fella was 7 teeth lighter! He's feeling very sorry for himself today and being cuddled within an inch of his life- and his breath is great! :o3
  • I think I need a tequila nap.
  • My grundle is sore.
  • I'm in a very odd place this evening.  I went to the British Library this afternoon for a talk by Shirley Bellwood.  See here: http://ukcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Shirley_Bellwood

Only Shirley Bellwood wasn't there because she's suffering from pneumonia.

My mother died at this time of year.  Maybe today's the anniversary, maybe not, I really don't want to check to see.  But the cause of her death was pneumonia (so it said on her death certificate).

I could have done with talking to someone, but everyone seemed to need to rush off.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!