Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • The best medicine is to learn how to change the production of peptides in your brain by creating new patterns of belief about your being and, on the physical plane, to rid your body of the cells that perpetuate the need for their own production (Illness, disease, and discomfort are rather cyclical in their origins.). I find that the latter is where homeopathy can play a vital role--true homeopathy, not natural/holistic/herbal healing. Herbs, and most other natural or holistic remedies, basically function in a homeopathic way, but the body must also process the medicinal substance in addition to the disease-attracting cells; so, it focuses on the apparently sick cells and ignores the apparently healthy cells that still possess the potential for disease. As a result, it doesn't always end the cycle created by 'disease memory.' Pharmaceuticals work the same way, but they poison the body at the same time that they eliminate or overpower sick cells; hence, they create another series of problems and thus exacerbate the need for the body to create disease attracting cells.

Kava Kava is an interesting drug. I have the recipe for a super night-time tea if you want it.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-07-21 13:31:19
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Kind comments, thank you both. I'm ok now. It was a combination of extreme tiredness, a migraine that went on for two days, the heat (31) and having first big argument with partner, which I'm happy and extremely relieved to say is all sorted now, thank heavens. I know panic attacks are very common, but yes they are scary for the person witnessing too. Ironic ("isn't it ironic" la de dah.....!) that I do meditate, I do all that stuff, and I know " what to do" in the event of having one. I do believe in alternative therapies and pursue some techniques myself, but sadly I'm a slave to the prescription drugs too, que sera. I would be interested in this anti- insomnia tea please!!
  • I'm just dandy, even the heat isn't bothering me much today :)
  • Just partied to a DJ set from "Orange is the New Black" girls. They're in town. Some guy from India tried to pick me up. First he says, "Women are second class citizens in my country"...followed by "I'd like to fuck you on a camel so I don't have to do any of the work." ....I responded with, "I am sooooooo Gay." Ugggghhhh...what in THEE hell was he thinking?! Then he tells me he owns a Limo service and knows Nicole Kidman. Seriously, dude? Thankgod I'm safe at home now, but strangely craving curry. Go figure.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I'm hot and sweaty but happy. Got some good stuff coming up for me soon and I'm not going to let workloads at work try and stress me out. Life's too short for that sort of shit!
  • Ponygurl said:

Just partied to a DJ set from "Orange is the New Black" girls. They're in town. Some guy from India tried to pick me up. First he says, "Women are second class citizens in my country"...followed by "I'd like to fuck you on a camel so I don't have to do any of the work." ....I responded with, "I am sooooooo Gay." Ugggghhhh...what in THEE hell was he thinking?! Then he tells me he owns a Limo service and knows Nicole Kidman. Seriously, dude? Thankgod I'm safe at home now, but strangely craving curry. Go figure.

That is the funniest thing I have heard in months. Thank you, PG x

Might try the camel line at my next University of the Third Age meeting.
  • ....oh, I forgot to mention he also asked if I'd like "one" hump or "two." What a gentleman.
    U R I E L
  • Oh, when I saw that you'd posted here, I figured you might have admitted to feeling particularly ornery today. Perhaps, you just forgot to mention that.
  • That is true..(amongst other unmentionable things.)
    U R I E L
  • Oh, and tell your camel-loving friend that you have an acquaintance that will take as many hums as he's serving up. All he has to do it bend over and present his cup.
  • I had the most stressful day at work today and literally told a co-worker to "Fuck Off"..then flicked him off. I hardly ever lose my cool but he was being an ass and I really couldn't help it. He disappeared for the rest of the day and I didn't see him. Probably for the best.
    U R I E L
  • Um, wow! I totally have a boner now, PoGu.
  • Another stressful day at work, it made me think about anxiety. It's really fight or flight kicking in- but when you can't do either...your heart starts pounding, your brain loses oxygen- panic sets in. Stress has only got to me recently and it's not going to let up for another two weeks. I guess I'll just have to buy a couple of bottles of wine for now. The shit part is, it's not even the job itself...it's some of the people I work with. I need a vacation!
    U R I E L
  • Tequila works far better than wine. Mango margarita!

• Wow, that looks FANTASTIC! I wish we could implement a "siesta" in this country to accompany it! (Along with some fresh guacamole and chips)
    U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!