Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 530 Comments sorted by
  • The Honourable Woman

About to watch episode 2 on BBC2. It isn't really a programme for the summer months as it features spies, middle-eastern politics, dark deeds and deception but it's developing nicely and Maggie Gyllenhaal is excellent.
  • Yes, I've been watching it too. Some might find it ponderous (it features a fair few posh/rich people talking very slowly), but there are plenty of scenes which make it worth tuning in for... eg tonight's storyline involving the American mistress. Gripping!
  • Watching the last of 4 episodes of a drama called "The Fear" ......started watching it in December 2012 . Patience .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • The guy that plays the Father in the Fear turned up playing a very similar character in a program set in Australia called Top of the Lake. Obviously he has cornered the market in playing psychotic Scotsmen ! Both excellent series.
    Perhaps they will get him heading up the vote yes campaign in the run up to the Scotland Independence vote.
    Now that's a subject that needs its own thread !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • We have also been filling in the evenings in rural France watching videos, although we do bring a portable satellite system with us so we can watch UK TV, so seen the footie and the Tour de France in England. We have started watching 'Breaking Bad' about 5 years behind everyone else and it is very addictive with its black humour. Worth a watch if you like that type of thing.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • In other news: People at the Emmys don't like clones....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Britain's most dangerous songs was certainly worth watching, a programme about songs banned by the BBC, shown on the BBC.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Britain's most dangerous songs was certainly worth watching, a programme about songs banned by the BBC, shown on the BBC.

I watched that.  They kept referring to the BBC as a moral guardian -- yet there wasn't much guarding, or any morality, when it came to a certain DJ (now mercifully dead).
  • Pet said:

Britain's most dangerous songs was certainly worth watching, a programme about songs banned by the BBC, shown on the BBC.

I watched that.  They kept referring to the BBC as a moral guardian -- yet there wasn't much guarding, or any morality, when it came to a certain DJ (now mercifully dead).

Yes indeed, it seems to be the way that those preaching morality the loudest are usually the most morally bankrupt.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Just finished season 1 of The Bridge (the American adaptation of a Swedish/Danish co-production).  Mixed bag, I'm afraid.  The lead performance of the autistic American detective by Diane Kruger is absolutely smashing and surprisingly moving.  Oscar nominee Demian Bichir also gives a fine performance as Kruger's Mexican counterpart.  When the show focuses on these two very interesting people and on the real-life murders of 100s of women along the Mexico/Texas border it can be fascinating.  Unfortunately, the show quickly gets bogged down by a ridiculous, over-the-top serial killer plot with very little connection to reality or believability.  Apparently this mimics the original show.  Shame as it started off so well.  
  • I'm not one to devote myself to a particular TV show, but the upcoming Mysteries of Laura looks like a real laugh. What do my Florida bitchizz think? @A_is_A ? @Ponygurl ?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-08-18 01:02:15
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Just finished season 1 of The Bridge (the American adaptation of a Swedish/Danish co-production).  Mixed bag, I'm afraid.  The lead performance of the autistic American detective by Diane Kruger is absolutely smashing and surprisingly moving.  Oscar nominee Demian Bichir also gives a fine performance as Kruger's Mexican counterpart.  When the show focuses on these two very interesting people and on the real-life murders of 100s of women along the Mexico/Texas border it can be fascinating.  Unfortunately, the show quickly gets bogged down by a ridiculous, over-the-top serial killer plot with very little connection to reality or believability.  Apparently this mimics the original show.  Shame as it started off so well.  

Stick to Scananavian version. Talking to my Norway buddy the characters are specifically chosen to reflect their countries personalities and how they see each other. Not sure it works with the other countries especially France/England (think they had the charcters the wrong way round). Plus actress who plays Saga is amazing. Awaiting new series in 2015.
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2014-08-18 05:10:40
  • Just finished Parks and Recreation series 2 repeat on BBC4 (saw most of Series 3 before that) and it is quite frankly the best comedy i've seen in years. The kind of program where the characters are so good I can watch the expisodes again and again. The cast are superb. Ron is a cult icon :-)
  • iuventus said:

I'm not one to devote myself to a particular TV show, but the upcoming Mysteries of Laura looks like a real laugh. What do my Florida bitchizz think? @A_is_A ? @Ponygurl ?

I Looooove Debra Messing. It kinda reminds me of Miss Congeniality...I'll have to check it out!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • My housemate is due to to return today after an absence of six days.  Being left to my own devices has allowed me a break from television.  It's been wonderful.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!